Page 1 of 1
Weights for fake plants?

Posted:
Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:11 am
by DocShay
I have a bunch of "fake" plants that I like to keep in my tank, so far i've been using glass gems to weigh them down, but even so with them in it my turtles still have enough force to push them around - ALOT.
What alternatives can I safely use? Heavier/smaller the better!

Posted:
Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:19 pm
by FLhaven4strays
Try suction cups. You can buy packs of them @ PetSmart and silicone them to the bottom of the plants, then suction to the tank. The suction cups do have small holes in them, so you may be able to push the plant stem right in them & not need silicone.

Posted:
Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:42 pm
by shannon_nicole
yeah either suction cups, or if your turtles are babies then you could just take the weights off and let the plants float at the surface. Then your turtles can hide in them or sleep on them.