Habitat - Indoor :: My new basking platform!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:54 am   My new basking platform!

Well, my small zoo-med turtle dock got pretty small for my turtles pretty quick! I wanted something natural looking, so I got a nice big piece of driftwood, found some huge suction cups and grabbed a few zip ties and went to work!

Heres what I came out with, my turtles love it!


Image
Image
Image
User avatar
DocShay
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Oct 31, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:05 pm   

Very creative!! Does driftwood float well?
2 RES Jack and Turbo
1 Shih-tzu/Poodle mix Cookie
User avatar
turboturtle8
 
Posts: 2355
Joined: Apr 4, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:15 pm   

Yup! floats very well, at least the piece I have anyway. Only reason I have the suction cups is so that it doesn't float away from under the light.
User avatar
DocShay
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Oct 31, 2007

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:17 pm   

That looks VERY creative! Great job! :)
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota

Post Posted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:57 pm   

Heres a picture of it in the tank (and yup, thats my old zoomed platform I use as a secondary ramp up)

Image
Image

Thats Leo basking on it, and Ivan swimming around.
User avatar
DocShay
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Oct 31, 2007

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:19 pm   

Nicely done!! :D Can't he climb out with the water level so high? Or do you have a cover for the tank? Also do you have a UVB bulb? If you do it needs to be over the basking area also. :D I really like how natural your tank looks!! :D
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 146 guests