Page 1 of 1
turtle

Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:57 pm
by bubbers
IS there a place where i can buy a southern painted turtle in eastern kentucky? If so will you tell me where>

Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:42 pm
by Amg81083
Your best bet would be try the state next to you. I just moved to Tennessee, very close to the Kentucky border, and learned that it is illegal to sell turtles in both TN and KY. Good Luck hunting!

Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:10 pm
by Starchick
Try
www.turtlehomes.org, I doubt you'd get in trouble for adopting a turtle rather than buying one.

Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:22 pm
by lotsofpets
It's not illegal to buy turtles here in KY, (over 4 inches that is) most of the pet shops around here have them. (Although I wouldn't buy any from them.) If you want a southern painted, I would buy one off of a reputable breeder and have it shipped if need be.

Posted:
Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:35 pm
by bubbers
thanks,i will talk to some pet stores and see if they know of any one that breeds them.thanks for the help