I believe that filter is rated for 50 gallons right? If so then thats good filteration for a tank of that size, good job
It's your choice whether to use a fish such as a pleco to eat all the crap on the bottom but remember that the fish CANT live off of that alone. They too require a proper diet, and hiding spots, etc. And like I mentioned they also dont do that good of a job at cleaning anyway, they produce waste as well so they actually add to the bio-load, and the more common plecos that you will probably end up with get freakishly huge too. And your turtle might eat it, even if tito doesnt eat it for the first couple of weeks, months, years, doesnt mean that he is 'used' to it. Even if the fish is ten times bigger than him, he can still kill it...ya know how? By eating it, little by little, ripping a fin here and there, taking a piece of meat off of it again here and there, little by little, so the poor fish will go through a slow and painful death if tito ever decides to harass it. Or the fish might harass tito since it is bigger than him and try to latch on to his shell.
I personally use a fishnet to collect all the crap on the bottom of my tank. It takes a minute or two usually and I dont need to feed and care for a fishnet and it's realy cheap too
