Habitat - Indoor :: Water won't stay clear!!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:40 am   Re: Water won't stay clear!!

The pump manufacturers publish these specs. There is a way to calculate it, but I'm not smart enough. You could figure out the volume of water in the diameter of the tube, the height of the tube and calculate it's weight. But what that means to the motor of the pump, we don't know because we don't know the pump specs. Eheim is really good about publishing head specs... at least in their hobby line of pumps.

Go to www.aquatraders.com Click on fliters and skimmers. Click on External Filters. Look for the one called "CFS 500".
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:48 am   Re: Water won't stay clear!!

is 60cm from the pump output to the top of your tank? that seems short. Most tanks are close to that tall.

From what I can find online, the eheim 1000 at max head (6.7') is 40GPH. Not that you'll be anywhere close to this head, just using this as a reference.

I also found the head loss calculator, but I don't see the eheim 1000 on there...
http://www.reefcentral.com/calc/hlc2.php
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 125 guests