Habitat - Indoor :: My new above tank basking area. w00t

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:45 am   

Hmm. You don't want turtle babies? :P

They both share the tank, I take it. I wanna see what the whole thing looks like! :)
1 male RES, Tank
2 female rats, Rosie and Vicki
1 male? tiger salamander, Hermie
1 female ball python, Cleo(patra)

www.jollygreenjane.com
www.flickr.com/photos/queenjane
www.youtube.com/profile?user=queenjane1234
queenjane
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sep 7, 2008

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:51 am   

I'll snap some pics in the morning. I just hooked up their new 404 this evening.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:16 pm   

Image

Almost snuck up on them without spooking them.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:46 pm   

That guy has a huggge tail.

This looks awesome!
1 male RES, Tank
2 female rats, Rosie and Vicki
1 male? tiger salamander, Hermie
1 female ball python, Cleo(patra)

www.jollygreenjane.com
www.flickr.com/photos/queenjane
www.youtube.com/profile?user=queenjane1234
queenjane
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sep 7, 2008

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:14 pm   

I was just thinking that. That tail is a monster!
Cap-hits, not Cafits.
User avatar
Caphits
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Jan 16, 2009
Location: Wyoming

Post Posted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:16 pm   

Well after adding sand today I found a week spot. So I took everything apart and used super glue where the pieces butt together. Then went over the corners with aquarium glue again. The end result is a SUPER strong piece. I'm very happy with the results.

Look for pics of my whole setup tonight. The sand looks greaaaaaat.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:04 am   

I can't wait!!
1 male RES, Tank
2 female rats, Rosie and Vicki
1 male? tiger salamander, Hermie
1 female ball python, Cleo(patra)

www.jollygreenjane.com
www.flickr.com/photos/queenjane
www.youtube.com/profile?user=queenjane1234
queenjane
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sep 7, 2008

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:29 pm   

Decided to leave the turtle dock since they stopped chomping on it after I started giving them cuttle bone.

Image
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:49 pm   

Is it just me or are the pictures damaged. I can't see any of them :S
Karl
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:54 pm   

they're working for me, Karl. Looks nice.
-Chris
User avatar
papoopeepoo
 
Posts: 911
Joined: Dec 1, 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:13 pm   

Rubicon wrote:Decided to leave the turtle dock since they stopped chomping on it after I started giving them cuttle bone.

Image


i love your design! :D :D
1 RES: Crush, 7" long 5 years old
1 hedgehog: Sonic, 7 months old
User avatar
francinemarie
 
Posts: 493
Joined: Sep 20, 2008
Location: US

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:24 pm   

What!!!! This is awesome!!!!!

I was thinking about making one myself last night. You mind sharing your methods?
1 male RES, Tank
2 female rats, Rosie and Vicki
1 male? tiger salamander, Hermie
1 female ball python, Cleo(patra)

www.jollygreenjane.com
www.flickr.com/photos/queenjane
www.youtube.com/profile?user=queenjane1234
queenjane
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Sep 7, 2008

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:52 pm   

It's super easy and I'd be more than happen to answer any questions.

First of all I strongly recommend using the 1/4" thick stuff. The 1/8th stuff is pretty flimsy.

First get all your measurements. Starting with the bottom peice then the side pieces. Measure twice cut once. I also recommend drawing your design up on paper to get a visual idea of how it will look. Since you'll be using 1/4 you will need a saw. I used a 30 dollar jig saw from Home Depot with a general use blade. Cutting at full speed will net you very nice smooth cuts.

I originally used only aquarium silicone to hold the pieces together which worked but was sorta flimsy. So I went back and used a mild super glue let it dry for 30mins and then went over the corners with aquarium glue. Makes for a super strong bond. The green matte was something I get in the reptile aisle. I just put a few dabs of aquarium silicone in a few random spots and stuck it down. That way when I replace it down the road it's easy to pull off.

My turtles easy bask 2x more with this new setup vs. their old zoomed turtle dock. I'm not sure if it's because it's a larger space, the green matte, or maybe the plant. But they love their new area.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:58 pm   

still can't see anything except the two pictures of the carpet and the fake plant in the first post. the site http://s-seriesforum.com won't open for me either.
Karl
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Jan 18, 2009

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:47 pm   

Karl -

I'll try to host them somewhere else tonight. Where are you located?
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 122 guests