Habitat - Indoor :: Can someone post pics. of their indoor tank setup?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:24 pm   

Heres mine:
Image
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:27 pm   

I Would put pics of my setup if i had a camera.. Ill see if i can get a hold of one.. But i have a store bought basking dock you should just make one that you can stick high on the wall, even if its made out of plastic as long as it allows you to raise the water level and your turtle to bask it would help..
2 RES Squirtle and Screw..
..Russian Tortoise Big Moe
User avatar
ScrewZoo
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:28 pm   

User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:30 pm   

Can someone maybe give me some ideas on somethings I might have around the house to change it,like some people have told me to have a basking dock that's dry,and to raise my water level.I was thinkinh about puting this black rock plate thing under my basking dock,but the dock would still be covered with water,if I'm gonna raise the water!!! Oh someone please give me some ideas about things around the house I might have please!!
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:32 pm   

Ill try to think of some stuff for you..do you have anything that would float on top of water that your turtle could get on without sinking it?
2 RES Squirtle and Screw..
..Russian Tortoise Big Moe
User avatar
ScrewZoo
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:33 pm   

Well,really all I need is something to put under my basking dock,so I can raise the water,but is has to be big and thick enough to raise the water a good amount.
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:40 pm   

if you cant do that maybe you can just go find a tall rock outside thatl allow you to raise it at least 4 inches.. but you gotta boil the rock first to get rid of any parasites or bugs.
2 RES Squirtle and Screw..
..Russian Tortoise Big Moe
User avatar
ScrewZoo
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:43 pm   

Image



This is my temporary setup. Tomorrow I am getting a 55 galloon tank, lamp clips, and a Fluval Filter.

But as you can see - that's the basking dock that you buy at a pet store specifically designed for turtles. They're only about $20.00.
User avatar
pajamatree
 
Posts: 221
Joined: Oct 2, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:46 pm   

TurtleLover, ask your parents If you could do chores for some cash? then you can invest in two of the most needed things, a turtle dock and a heater..
2 RES Squirtle and Screw..
..Russian Tortoise Big Moe
User avatar
ScrewZoo
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: Jul 18, 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:47 pm   

Well,I'm gonna see what I can do......
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:44 pm   

Turtlelover, that thing in your tank looks like a turtle reservoir, you're supposed to stand it up in the corner and fill it will gravel/rocks. Then you fill the water level to the top of the wall so the turtle can climb on. Of course, point the light at the gravel area. I'll see if I can draw or find a picture of what I'm talking about.

I found it:
Image

The only thing is, I wouldn't leave any of the gravel in the water. Your turtle can eat it if it's in the water. I think it should be alright for now if you arrange it properly though.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:51 pm   

But mine isn't as curved as yours,are you sure?
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:40 pm   

That's not mine. It's just a picture I found. I'm pretty sure I know what you have, but if you could take it out of the tank and snap a pic just to be sure, that would help. If it's what I think it is, put it diagonally across one of the corners then between the corner and the wall, add all the gravel.

This is my tank:
Image
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:03 pm   

Well,I tried that,but it wouldn't fit.I only have a 10 gal. tank,and I don't think it's a turtle resvior,because it's not that curved,and I've tried like everything to get it to work,but it wont.I'll need maybe a 20 gal. tank.I'm hoping I can get enough money to get a WHOLE new tank,and re-do everything,but I don't know when that'll be,because I only have $20-$30,and I don't get an allowance.
TurtleLover_S&B,

Squirt & Bubbles!The cutest turtles you've ever seen!!
User avatar
TurtleLover_S&B
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Sep 9, 2008
Location: Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:07 pm   

I would use the money you have and get a floating turtle dock
Chris (Turtle Newb in training)
2 tiny RES (Cuff and Link)
1 3 Toed Boxie (Ms. Pineapple)
1 Dwarf Bunny (Mischa)
User avatar
chrisinva
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Aug 25, 2008
Location: Virginia

PreviousNext

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 92 guests