Habitat - Indoor :: Filter vs. Nesting Place

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:21 pm   

Good! I thought not but you can't be to careful!
1.0.0 RES-Slash
1.2.0 Cat-Abby/Cali/Nemo
0.1.0 Yorkie-Lucie
1.0.0 Jack Russell Terrier-Cooper
I have lots of ideas! Trouble is, most of them suck!
User avatar
PcBuilder14
 
Posts: 1754
Joined: Jul 3, 2008
Location: Maud, Texas

Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:33 pm   

If the only behavior you've noticed that makes you think your RES is gravid is that she's kicking her legs on the basking area, it may be that she's not. RES will do all sorts of gyrations on the basking area as they warm up. My male RES has kicked similar to the way you've described, and I know he's not going to lay eggs.

How big is she (shell length without the curve)? What's her appetite like (they often lose their appetites when they're gravid? Is she trying to escape the tank)? Does she seem frantic in the tank?

She may be gravid and be displaying behavior that hasn't been mentioned, but I wouldn't necessarily think she's gravid if she's kicking on the basking area.

That said, since she is female, it's always good to be prepared by reading up on creating a nesting site. www.tortoisetrust.org/articles/Nestsites.htm
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: CT, USA

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:08 am   

Apollo is chasing the back wall a little bit, which is new for her. Scampi always did -- but not Apollo. Apollo's appetite has not changed. She is ravenous. She's hungry every second of the day. When she sees me, she stops chasing the back for the tank (or sleeping in her cave) and begs for food like a maniac.

I made a new setup. I'll try uploading some pictures to share.
User avatar
Apollo&Scampi
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Jan 16, 2008

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 60 guests