Habitat - Indoor :: www.aquariumsforyou.com

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:13 am   www.aquariumsforyou.com

This was the site I was going to buy my 240 gal tank from. I sent in my quote request, and nearly a mouth later!! I received this e-mail...

Mr. Dan Maughmer wrote:Dear Sir/Madam,

We apologize for the long delay in responding to your custom aquarium inquiry, however, an error in our client management software prevented us from seeing your inquiry file. I hope that this delay has not inconvenienced you in any way.

Please contact me at danm@aquariumsforyou.com or 732-229-8005 Ext.310 if you are still interested in receiving pricing and information about our products.

I hope to assist you in any way possible and look forward to working with you on your custom aquarium project. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter!

Sincerely,

Dan Maughmer
Retail Sales
Aquariums For You
www.aquariumsforyou.com
10 Pearl St. Long Branch, NJ 07740
732-229-8005 ext. 310


Now, I got this after I went to www.glasscages.com and bought the same tank and stand for $1,000. There website said there's would cost me about $4,500!!! I was so mad at them, for not getting back to me, and for that price!!! So I sent them this...

Me wrote:I'm sorry, I just thought you guys went under or something like that.
After waiting for over a week I went to www.glasscages.com and bought the same tank for less then half the price as yours was listed! Once again
I am sorry it took so long for you to get back to me, but I am glad
for me, considering I saved close over $2,500!!

Thank you for your time,

Nathan Radle.


So instead of just dropping it, or being nice about it, he slaps me in the face, by calling my aquarium cheap!!!

Mr. Dan Maughmer wrote:Dear Nathan,

I'm sorry that you had to look elsewhere. If you ever decide to upgrade to a cadillac, please let me know!

Mr. Dan Maughmer

Main Office 732.229.8005 ext 310
fax 732-229-7254
Email danm@aquariumsforyou.com
Website www.aquariumsforyou.com


So this is when I just dropped it. As you can see www.aquariumsforyou.com has poor service, over priced products, and JERKS for sales reps.!! DON'T BUY FROM THEM!!! GO TO www.glasscages.com !!!!
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:23 pm   

Take a deep breath... I'm going to try to come at this from a different perspective.

Their original email is understandable (at least to me), as I've worked with plenty of cruddy programs before finally finding the ones that worked for our business and I've had to do my share of trying to explain to customers why we didn't get info or they didn't get a reply. From a business standpoint, I would not have expected a response if you chose to go elsewhere.

However, since you responded, he got back to you in a jerky kind of way. Don't take it personally. I've also had the 'pleasure' of working with such people and it's all just verbal diarrhea. If you're the vindictive type (such as I am) you could email a complaint to someone higher up in the company and tell them you're going to spread the word that their customer service stinks (include his emails) and they may even offer you a freebie :-)
The things that come to those who wait may be the things that were left by those who got there first - Steven Tyler
User avatar
jenaero
Moderator
 
Posts: 3606
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:08 pm   

Yeah, I know, but you would think they would get back to you faster when your planning on dropping $4,500 on one of there products!!! It is a shame, when someone works so hard to get a good business going, and them someone hires some idiot like him. I would try to get a hold of someone higher up, but I just don't feel like it right now. :roll:
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:14 pm   

Actually I don't think his reply was meant to be an insult. I think what he was referring to is that GlassCages is comparable to a Chevy or Pontiac while he considers his products to be comparable to a Cadillac. A fair comparison based on their prices. Whether it's true of the actual aquarium can only be determined by a side-by-side comparison. I think the most obvious differences you may notice is that the silicone seams on the GlassCages tanks may not be as smooth or trimmed as the higher end tanks are. A higher end tank may also use slightly thicker glass, stronger bracing, polished edges, etc.

I noticed after checking out AFY website that their production methods look very high tech. These guys are used to building aquariums for the rich and famous. The must use state of the art design tools and machinery to make their aquariums. Especially the ones with the multi-angled panels. Cutting and joining two panels at a 120 degree angle is much more difficult than a 90 degree angle. They also probably offer a significant warranty period which requires a lot of legal liability and insurance on their part (GlassCages only offers 90days). I also noticed they deliver the aquarium using a crane. :shock: Wow, these guys are top notch! I wouldn't knock them if I were you. But I wouldn't spend that kind of money either! :lol:
User avatar
DavidY
 
Posts: 4391
Joined: Mar 9, 2007
Location: New Hampshire
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:14 pm   

Yeah, yeah. They still should know how to treat the average joe!
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests