Habitat - Indoor :: Basking Spot Suggestion (corner)

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:33 pm   Basking Spot Suggestion (corner)

I noticed that several people use the suction baskets for showers that fit in the corners. However, they have to be upside-down for the flat surface so they extend into the water. Maybe this helps with support? Anyways, today at a Dollar General in the mop/broom section I saw shelves that are about the same size... but they're pretty flat (shelves, not baskets) with the suction cups. They come in mint green or pastel yellow (not that cool looking). I don't think I'm going to use that type... but I might pick one up for future use and for taking pictures for reference.

They aren't completely flat... they sort of dip a little bit in the middle area (like a soap dish would) and have a couple of drain holes. If those were closed over something could be put in it or even that fake grass stuff for breeder fish they sell at Wal-Mart could be used. This is the first time I've seen a shelf like that for a corner, though. :)

How funny is it that I saw that and thought of turtles? Anyways, check out a Dollar General or even Family Dollar and they might have one. :)
zuse
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Apr 23, 2006
Location: Stillwater, OK

Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:59 pm   

Any pics of it and how big is your turtle?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:25 am   

Image

I believe it was this product. It dips a little in the center... but it is basically flat. My turtle is 2 inches. I haven't bought or tried this yet, so I don't know what kind of weight it would hold. Just a suggestion. :)
zuse
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Apr 23, 2006
Location: Stillwater, OK

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:29 pm   

Find a light rock or rock type thing and put some of that fake breeder grass around it. I cut my breeder grass in half and then cut out the center so I had two pieces shaped like [ ]. Put them around the rock. As long as the top of the rock and grass are high enough so your turtle can get dry and your suction cups stick, you're good.
fishandcandy
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Jan 24, 2006
Location: Indio, CA

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:01 pm   

or if you tip it upside down...then there isnt a dip in the middle...
john x jro
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Aug 3, 2006


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 156 guests