Habitat - Indoor :: Cheap heat light

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:51 pm   Cheap heat light

As the title says, I'm looking for the cheapest heat light I can find for my turtle. For some reason October was a stressful month on my wallet, and just as I gathered enough for rent for November, the heat light burnt out as I went to turn it on today. I'm sure regular UVA heat lamps aren't THAT expensive, but is there a cheap alternative that I can use for now until I get paid and can afford a proper light? I thought I read somewhere on here that a normal household light bulb produces enough heat, is that true?

He still has his regular UVB light on, but he wont bask unless there's some heat up there, plus it just looks depressing for him with one light on.
atomicunicorn
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mar 27, 2012
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:07 pm   Re: Cheap heat light

Yep, I just use a regular old 60 watt light bulb :)
User avatar
happycamper
 
Posts: 1214
Joined: May 5, 2010
Location: Idaho
Gender: Female


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 153 guests