Habitat - Indoor :: Confused About What My Tank Needs

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:46 pm   Confused About What My Tank Needs

I have a new baby map turtle in a 10-gallon tank. So far the tank has a submersible heater, a filter (I think the same type I used in my goldfish tank), and a floating dock. I know my turtle needs UVB rays so I take it outside for sunlight sometimes but I know that's not sufficient. I'm not sure if I need to buy a special light for that or what else I need or how to safely /correctly install them in a tank with water. Any tips would be appreciated :)
Teller - Baby False Map (:
constancerunnels
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
Location: Mississippi, USA
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:48 pm   Re: Confused About What My Tank Needs

Also I forgot to add that I put smooth stones at the bottom to anchor some artificial plants. I was concerned that he might try to eat gravel.That is the only decoration in the aquarium.
Teller - Baby False Map (:
constancerunnels
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
Location: Mississippi, USA
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:00 am   Re: Confused About What My Tank Needs

You need two lamps shining on the basking area. One UVB lamp and one heat lamp.

http://www.redearslider.com/light_sources.html
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:32 pm   Re: Confused About What My Tank Needs

Thankyou!
Teller - Baby False Map (:
constancerunnels
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
Location: Mississippi, USA
Gender: Female


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 61 guests