Habitat - Indoor :: Filtration media?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:45 pm   Filtration media?

Im just wondering, what are the best types of mechanical, bio, and chemical filtration in your opinion?
Pets:
Izzy- 2.5 inch 1 year old cooter turtle
Rizzu- 1 inch 6 months old cooter turtle
Kurby-1.5 inch cooter turtle(R.I.P)
Rebble- 4 year old boxer dog

pics of kurby
http://imgur.com/a/VwYfx#3
User avatar
kerby
 
Posts: 209
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
Location: Florida
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:31 pm   Re: Filtration media?

Mechanical- sponge filter media
Bio media: ceramic rings/bio balls
Chemical- seachmen media I believe that's what it's called. Carbon can be used but make sure to change it out or it can harm your aqaurium.
Ranger- 13 year old Red Ear Slider
User avatar
Ranger The Red Ear Slider
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Jun 18, 2010
Location: San Antonio
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:33 pm   Re: Filtration media?

Mechanical is just regular filter sponge. You can usually get large sections in various consistency off ebay for cheap. Ceramic/glass rings seem to be the norm I know that's what I've always used.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 138 guests