Habitat - Indoor :: Snail Shell in Fluker's Food?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:50 am   Snail Shell in Fluker's Food?

So I don't have a clue whether this deserved to be in feeding and nutrition, or if this is the right home. But today, feeding Chang his daily meal of Fluker's Buffet Blend Aquatic Turtle Food, I noticed a small, greyish looking object sitting on top of the pellets, mealworms, and shrimp. I pick it out, and realize its a snail shell. It looks to be the size of an eraser head, and is really strong. I tried to even crush it with the strength of my fingers, and it wouldn't break. The only thing I've thought to do was email Fluker's and get their take on it, maybe try to get some sort of compensation on what could've been a choking / compaction hazard for 2" Chang if it was accidentally given and consumed. Anyone have any advice on how to handle this? I don't want to disregard this issue because it's a quality control slip-up that shouldn't have happened.
Red Eared Slider - Chang - 4" Female!
Follow Chang on Facebook! ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang-Chin-Sung/226925757373345
Turtle Food Poll ----> http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31000
User avatar
ChangTang
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:21 pm   Re: Snail Shell in Fluker's Food?

No problem at all. I dont recall seeing snail shells in there, but regardless, its not a problem. They can break the shells pretty easy (maybe smaller turtles would have a problem).
Thanks,
Richard
User avatar
Snowboi
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Apr 29, 2010
Location: FL, USA


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 98 guests