Habitat - Indoor :: GFCI on what device?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:17 pm   GFCI on what device?

So since I only purchased the GFCI Outlet adapter, what should I use the adapter on? The filter? The heater? The lamps?

I was personally thinking heater since it's in constant contact with water but I don't have a clue. I'm planning on getting the actual outlet installed here in a little bit, but for now I don't know which one to plug in the adapter to be the most safe (word? <----)
Red Eared Slider - Chang - 4" Female!
Follow Chang on Facebook! ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang-Chin-Sung/226925757373345
Turtle Food Poll ----> http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31000
User avatar
ChangTang
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:06 am   Re: GFCI on what device?

If any device is going to kill you, it's the heater.

You can get a multi-outlet cord that isn't a power strip and plug that into the GFCI adapter.. Just make sure it's a 3-prong cord or 3-prong multi-outlet.

Or GFCI on a cord...
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:50 am   Re: GFCI on what device?

Yeah I figured as such. I have a bunch of different strips and cord. I may just make the run to lowes and let my dad install it for me. (He ran all electricity to and from the shed). That way I can attach a power strip and be happy (:
Red Eared Slider - Chang - 4" Female!
Follow Chang on Facebook! ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang-Chin-Sung/226925757373345
Turtle Food Poll ----> http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31000
User avatar
ChangTang
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:27 pm   Re: GFCI on what device?

Swap out the outlet now and save yourself the headache down the line.
- Jordan
Loki047
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Oct 3, 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:16 pm   Re: GFCI on what device?

Good point. I'll wait a bit, my mind is too preoccupied with the concert I'm going to tomorrow. lol
Red Eared Slider - Chang - 4" Female!
Follow Chang on Facebook! ---> http://www.facebook.com/pages/Chang-Chin-Sung/226925757373345
Turtle Food Poll ----> http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31000
User avatar
ChangTang
 
Posts: 225
Joined: Aug 20, 2011
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 139 guests