Habitat - Indoor :: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:56 pm   Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

Hey guys I found a good deal on a tank and supplies for all three of my turtles. But its in spanish and I dont know what it says . Can you guys help me. ? Also Is 150 gallons enough for 3 turtles http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pet/2600298150.html
55 gallon
4 baby RES all 2 inches genders unknown
4 cats(Simba, Nala, Dot, and Freeway)
and my husband

1 Baby Russian Tortoise Gender Uknown size:2 inches or so Name: Pancake
User avatar
TurtleGirl1985
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Aug 10, 2011
Location: perris ca
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:33 pm   Re: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

It says the tank is used but in good condition. The base needs some repairs but still supports the weight of the tank (not sure I'd want to trust that..) No decorations or fish are included, but it does come with those filters and a heater. I don't know what the last thing on that list is though.

I guess it depends on the gender of your turtles, but I would say not for three adult females for example. It would be good for babies like you have though, as long as they get along.
3 RES- Sajko, Lajzi, and Nacho
2 Kitty Cats- Lolcat and Bear
User avatar
Kurtni
 
Posts: 234
Joined: May 17, 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:53 pm   Re: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

right now butter is alone in a 75 gallon and hes only 2.5 inches but has long front claws the other two peanut and jelly are the size of quarters and are in a 40 gallon they havent been together yet im afraid right now cause peanut and jelly are so small.
55 gallon
4 baby RES all 2 inches genders unknown
4 cats(Simba, Nala, Dot, and Freeway)
and my husband

1 Baby Russian Tortoise Gender Uknown size:2 inches or so Name: Pancake
User avatar
TurtleGirl1985
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Aug 10, 2011
Location: perris ca
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:03 am   Re: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

I'm sorry I don't know spanish so I can't translate... but I wanted to say your turtle names are soooo cute!!

If peanut and jelly turn out to be females... I'm not sure they would all fit. Also there could still be an aggression issue once they get bigger so your problem might not even be space!!

My two cents: I would probably buy it and put all of them in together (providing they get along) then watch for aggression as they grow and separate when needed.
Karawr
 
Posts: 161
Joined: Jun 17, 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:08 am   Re: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

You have three turtles now? Didn't you just get rid of one?
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:34 am   Re: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

yea I adopted 2 baby RES the size of quarters. The lady I got them from got them in Chinatown and they were in this small critter container with only an inch of water. They lady at chinatown told her they wont grow they only need an inch of water they dont need any special lighting and feed them only 2 pellets twice a week and they very low cost pets. And when I got them i added more water to the container they were in and one just sank to the bottom and had his eyes closed and didnt move. The other was showing signs of RI. So I took them home and they are in a temp set up. seperate from butter. They are in a big rubbermaid container with UVA and UVB lights a turtle dock a filter a bubbler , glow in the dark plants lots of big rocks and of course sand. Only after a few days of being in there they seem to be doing just fine they are swimming fine eating and basking and their color isnt as pale. Eventually when Peanut #2 and Jelly get bigger I will put them with Butter and if their is any problem I will put Butter by him self in the 50 gallon pond I have outside and just keep Peanut and Jelly in the 75 gallon
Attachments
peanut and jelly.jpg
This is their set up until they get 100% better and a little bit bigger.
55 gallon
4 baby RES all 2 inches genders unknown
4 cats(Simba, Nala, Dot, and Freeway)
and my husband

1 Baby Russian Tortoise Gender Uknown size:2 inches or so Name: Pancake
User avatar
TurtleGirl1985
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Aug 10, 2011
Location: perris ca
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:47 pm   Re: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

^why do you assume peanut and jelly will get along?
3 RES- Sajko, Lajzi, and Nacho
2 Kitty Cats- Lolcat and Bear
User avatar
Kurtni
 
Posts: 234
Joined: May 17, 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:56 pm   Re: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

cause they always have. They sleep right next to each other and pile on top of each other when they bask
55 gallon
4 baby RES all 2 inches genders unknown
4 cats(Simba, Nala, Dot, and Freeway)
and my husband

1 Baby Russian Tortoise Gender Uknown size:2 inches or so Name: Pancake
User avatar
TurtleGirl1985
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Aug 10, 2011
Location: perris ca
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:06 pm   Re: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

That doesn't matter... Theyre just babies. That behavior doesnt mean theyre "friends" and theyre not sexually mature yet You don't know if you have males or females. It was caring to rescue them, but if you just end up giving one away when they bite each other like you did before you didn't really help them out.
3 RES- Sajko, Lajzi, and Nacho
2 Kitty Cats- Lolcat and Bear
User avatar
Kurtni
 
Posts: 234
Joined: May 17, 2008
Location: St. Louis, MO
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:31 pm   Re: Dont Know Spanish Help!! Please!!

i have other options I can seperate them if this does happen i will not give any of them away
55 gallon
4 baby RES all 2 inches genders unknown
4 cats(Simba, Nala, Dot, and Freeway)
and my husband

1 Baby Russian Tortoise Gender Uknown size:2 inches or so Name: Pancake
User avatar
TurtleGirl1985
 
Posts: 536
Joined: Aug 10, 2011
Location: perris ca
Gender: Female


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 131 guests