Habitat - Indoor :: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 1100g

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:34 am   last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 1100g

(any reasoning why there isn't a classifieds section on this site?)

still have for sale my old 150 gallon black with a nice freshly painted black metal black stand (I'm in CT FYI) if anyone's interested, Please P/M me.

I had a few tanks, 10,20,29,30,55, and a 72 gallon bowed and I missed the bowed tank look and the 150g just wasn't cutting it for me, so I guess I'm a sucker for bowed and then this one came up. one again, another Craigslist find 155 bowed. I paid more than I wanted for it (without selling my 150g first, which hurt the wallet, I wanted this tank prior and the seller had it posted for too much and I just couldn't afford at that time and I posted my 150g for sale and had 3 buyers for my 150 gallon but couldn't do it. Now I bought this one and no one is inquiring on buying the 150g on CL from me now, which doesn't help the wallet :( ) but, this should be my last tank :D


I revised the structure of the top a little, and I keep tweaking it for various reasons, changed the structure, moved the lower lights on it, changed the doors, ramps, added locks/knobs/hinges(which i bought silver ones, I still need to replace the gold ones with).

(pic shows a cardboard box top left accidentally on top)

some say the ramps were to high on an angle, but I made them a little less on an angle and now they have lower support and they do climb them. the turtles get confused of which lights are heat lamps and regular, though, but I guess i got to keep moving them until they are trained (which I'm doing a bad job doing because I am very busy).

still need to paint everything, but I am not totally happy so I wont do it until then.

the tank back was painted black from the previous owner, and i forgot to clean it as i was running around all day and the g/f helped me clean the tank and i forgot to scrape it off and use my black background that i had from the 150g.


Image


and when i went to pickup this tank, i got it lets say from a wealthy president guy of a company. he had next to mine (which at the time looked tiny) a 265 gallon oak non bowed regular tank setup also for sale, because he upgraded to a 1100 gallon in his private office, which i snapped a few pics and had to post . nice guy and a crazy size tank!! (I still preferred bowed)

I have pics of the back room also, can post if requested. I've seen posts online, but this is the biggest sickest setup I have even seen owned privately.

(My buddy Sean looking at the tank in the pic below that usually helps me move my fish tanks :) thanks to him or my last couple tanks probably wouldn't have happened. The owner getting his eels attention since they were hiding, that's one of his two 4ft eels )


Image
Turtleguy10
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Apr 3, 2010
Location: CT

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:02 pm   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

wow...and its a coral setup? that tank right there is BIG money....
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:10 pm   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

he had a puffer and 2 eels i think and coral. i couldn't imagine how much that tank cost.. minus the whole other room he has behind it and pvc all around the walls etc. i'll have to post up later the pics when i have more time..
Turtleguy10
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Apr 3, 2010
Location: CT

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:59 pm   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

your setup is awesome! (as is that other guy's) i like the basking area setup a lot on that tank. so do your turtles go up there a lot now to bask or is that still an issue?
BRuTAL_HiTMAN_
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Jul 13, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:03 am   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

Bow tanks look great. I'd appreciate more pics :) and how thick is that glass?!

Oh, and the reason there is no classified section because we didn't want people coming to this site to just sell their stuff. Same reason about adoption/rehoming. However, we do allow regular members to do something like that on occasion.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:27 am   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + rewovised above tank area 1

wow, just wow.
Does he do all the maintenance, or does he have a service or something?
~and 3 rescued cats
Miss Tee
 
Posts: 218
Joined: Jan 8, 2011
Location: Philly, USA
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:02 am   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

That is insane!!! I am gonna get rich and buy that giant tank for my girls, I decided hahaha! I hope you sell you tank.. man be put a lot of money in to these guys. I like that 150 gal much better than my oak one. I am not an oak kinda girl but it was cheap lol
1 Standard Poodle- Tegan
1 Ferret- Xander
2 RES- Raina and Sylvie
1 Betta- Lizardman
User avatar
sflemin2
 
Posts: 998
Joined: Mar 20, 2011
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:30 pm   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

awww man i cant see the pics, anybody know why? do you have the pics posted on another website or anything?
Tokapeli
 
Posts: 216
Joined: Jul 13, 2011

Post Posted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:20 am   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

The pics are on their own site, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't be able to see them... do you just get the broken picture icon?

Here are direct links:
http://offthewallcustoms.com/Other/155bowednormal.jpg
http://offthewallcustoms.com/Other/1100tank.jpg
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:05 pm   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

BRuTAL_HiTMAN_ wrote:your setup is awesome! (as is that other guy's) i like the basking area setup a lot on that tank. so do your turtles go up there a lot now to bask or is that still an issue?


Thanks. I keep messing with it, still not 100% satisfied with the structure & looks yet (besides it not being painted). Also yes I have to keep training them (which I haven't had much time to do so), to go up top.

steve wrote:Bow tanks look great. I'd appreciate more pics :) and how thick is that glass?!

Oh, and the reason there is no classified section because we didn't want people coming to this site to just sell their stuff. Same reason about adoption/rehoming. However, we do allow regular members to do something like that on occasion.


Thanks again, I will try to get more pics, 1/2"

Miss Tee wrote:wow, just wow.
Does he do all the maintenance, or does he have a service or something?


That is what I said when I seen it and also asked the same question, he said he used to do it himself, but now with the new tank he has assistance with maintenance.

sflemin2 wrote:That is insane!!! I am gonna get rich and buy that giant tank for my girls, I decided hahaha! I hope you sell you tank.. man be put a lot of money in to these guys. I like that 150 gal much better than my oak one. I am not an oak kinda girl but it was cheap lol


I'm a black and white modern type of guy myself, I've let so many deals go do to the fact of the tank and or stand not being black, I just was very patient we'll say. :)


I've been soooooo busy recently, I'll post more pics of his and mine when I get a little more time. :mrgreen:
Turtleguy10
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Apr 3, 2010
Location: CT

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:29 pm   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

ok.. posting the pics I have from the guys 1100g and one shot of my painted turtles in my new tank. I have to take more pics of my tank.
sorry the pics aren't that great of the guys 1100g, but I was in a rush the day I bought the tank and It was a last minute suggestion, that he offered to go up to his private office and see it, I didn't think he was going to offer and he did and we were tight on time.

Image


Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

my buddy (with the hat) sean and the owner as I was snapping pictures. These pictures don't do justice for how nice it was.

Image
Image
Image
Turtleguy10
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Apr 3, 2010
Location: CT

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:48 pm   Re: last tank. 155 bowed black + revised above tank area 110

Those eels r sick. That speckled one looks way nicer then that big green one. The angel fish r really pretty as well. If I went saltwater I would have loads of angels. Had a few nice sized angels in my freshwater tank and they seem really smart.
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 168 guests