Habitat - Indoor :: newer tank, well to me

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:10 pm   newer tank, well to me

Okay so I aquired some stuff from my neighbor, he gave me a 150 gallon saltwater reef tank. It has 2 holes in the bottom for filtering im guessing? And a 40 gallon cube tank. The 150 gallon weighs in at 300lbs and with water around 1500lbs, so my dads not really gonna let me use it cause the floors will sag over a few years :( So i might sell it, any price ideas? I think its made by perfecto. But my real question is will the 40 cube be a good tank for my turtles? at least for awhile? I have them in a 20 gallon long right now so they could really stay in that for awhile but I like the 40 gallon too. Its 24x24x24 from what it looks like maybe a 20x20x20. They will have plenty of room to swim up and down but not to much left to right. Has anyone used one of these for their turts?

:)
mikelffootball76
 
Posts: 6
Joined: May 14, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:00 pm   Re: newer tank, well to me

Those holes are probably for connecting to a sump. 150 gallon probably should be OK and you don't have to keep it filled to the top. The resale value would depend on the condition and your location. I could see a starting price between 100-300, more if there is a stand included. Check craigslist for reference, people are always selling tanks their.

A cube tank could be OK for them. I'm don't tanks that are tall, longer and wider are so much better for turtles. If anything, see if this has any sell value too. A simple 100 gallon tank can be had for 75-100 sometimes.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:11 am   Re: newer tank, well to me

I know he said he bought it for like 600 bucks, and its in good shape but I just think its huge and ill be moving out soon and id be a hastle :( I thought about throwing it on here for like 500 since its not to old and in good shape. I will try the cube to see if the like it and if they dont I think it will just become a fish tank :P I scored a canister filter from him to, brand name Aquael. I googled it and I guess its a dutch company? but its a 250 model so id work for that cube but from what I found I guess its a pretty good filter, anyone ever used one?
mikelffootball76
 
Posts: 6
Joined: May 14, 2011
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:51 pm   Re: newer tank, well to me

You can definitely sell that tank. A pre drilled 150 is a fantastic reef tank. You'll have better luck selling it on one of the large reef forums like reefcentral. Being so big and heavy, tanks are usually sold to a local market... ie no shipping.
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 85 guests