Habitat - Indoor :: How to setup two filter help

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:06 pm   How to setup two filter help

Hey guys I have a Rena xp4 i'n a 125 gallon tank setup as the left side has the spray bar pushing the water towards the other side inlet suction. I want to add another Rena xp4 as I know eventually I'll have two with three turtles. What's the best setup placement i'n my tank of both the filters inlets and outlet tubes. Keep both INS side by side and both outs side byside? Pls help
steveslb
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 16, 2010

Post Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:05 am   Re: How to setup two filter help

With that amount of turtles in that tank size, I'd think partial water changes would be pretty important so I'd keep the one for now and see how it does with load.

If you do have 2 filters, I would put the inlets at opposite ends.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:51 pm   Re: How to setup two filter help

I have 2 Cascade 700 canister filters for my 75 gal tank. I have the spray bar pointing towards the front of the tank and the inlets on the back wall also where the spray bar is. It creates a circular motion in the tank which does pretty good with keeping it clear.
3 baby RES
brandonsdad02
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Dec 19, 2009
Location: Indianola, IA


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 183 guests