Habitat - Indoor :: Anybody use this Finnex Canister filter?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:02 pm   Anybody use this Finnex Canister filter?

Does anybody have any experience with this PX 360 canister filter? I've always used a sponge filter and while water conditions are always good, I'd like the bottom of the tank a bit more cleaner looking. I have the opportunity to get one for cheap from a friend, was hoping to get some reviews if any. Many friendly reviews for fish, absolutely nothing for turtle habits. *sigh* 8)

Image
Polo
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Nov 15, 2010

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:16 pm   Re: Anybody use this Finnex Canister filter?

Looks like it is only rated for 25 gallons. In that case, no, not good for turtles unless you are using it for a 10 gallon tank. Though getting a canister filter like this is highly recommended, you need one that is rated 3x stronger than the size of your tank. What size tank do you have? Eventually you will need a huge tank for your turtle so better to buy a big filter to being with.
Toby - RES - adopted in December 2007 - 120g tank - Fluval FX5

Max - Pit Bull/Irish Setter/Dalmatian mix - adopted in March 2009
Lola - Pit Bull mix - adopted in June 2009
User avatar
meltedspork
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Feb 13, 2008
Location: Yorkville, IL, USA
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:54 pm   Re: Anybody use this Finnex Canister filter?

While that canister is really small for a turtle setup, finnex does make quality products. They are based in countryside IL, a suburb of Chicago. I had a problem with a titanium heater from them. I was invited to their office where they work on new ideas. It's a really small shop. After explaining the issues I had with the heater, I ended up spending about 6 hours at finnex talking about aquarium heaters (geeky yes I know). I did walk out of their office with three new custom digital titanium heaters in hand...prototypes you could say. Finnex was very good at customer service and willing to take customer feedback into product design. I have one of those three finnex titanium heaters in my RES tank today. The other two are in my reef setup. A+ to finnex as a vendor.
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 108 guests