Habitat - Indoor :: where can I buy a big tank?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:42 pm   where can I buy a big tank?

Any recommendations on where to buy a big tank? We're interested in an acrylic tank--at least 40 gallons--but can't figure out what online sites are reputable. Petsmart has the SeaClear brand, but they don't carry them in stores so we can't check them out in person and I read online that the SeaClear top only has openings for a fish light so we wouldn't be able to take our turtle out to put him in his feeding bin.
oscarsmom
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 29, 2010

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:25 pm   Re: where can I buy a big tank?

what are you putting in it?
I have two female red ear sliders.
Chimpy - 5.5 inches
Chompy- 6.0 inches
Both were born about 7/2007
Got them -- 9/2007
User avatar
bradmeisel
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Nov 2, 2008
Location: Flushing, New York

Post Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:40 pm   Re: where can I buy a big tank?

http://www.glasscages.com/

That is a reputable site that several people on this forum (including myself) have bought tanks from... they have glass and acrylic.
Toby - RES - adopted in December 2007 - 120g tank - Fluval FX5

Max - Pit Bull/Irish Setter/Dalmatian mix - adopted in March 2009
Lola - Pit Bull mix - adopted in June 2009
User avatar
meltedspork
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Feb 13, 2008
Location: Yorkville, IL, USA
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:56 am   Re: where can I buy a big tank?

Our 15-year-old res is about 5 inches long and needs a bigger space!

I've read some good and bad reviews of glasscages.com, so it's good to hear that people on the forum have had positive experiences with them. Thanks!
oscarsmom
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 29, 2010

Post Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:11 pm   Re: where can I buy a big tank?

oscarsmom wrote:Our 15-year-old res is about 5 inches long and needs a bigger space!

I've read some good and bad reviews of glasscages.com, so it's good to hear that people on the forum have had positive experiences with them. Thanks!


I bought my 6-inch male turtle a 120 gallon glass tank from them and I had a very positive experience. I placed my order online and then they called to confirm everything and tell me where to meet the delivery truck driver. When we went to pick it up, the driver was super nice and helped my boyfriend put the tank into our SUV (even though on the website it says that the driver won't help you move the tank). And the best part was that I got it for WAY cheaper than I would have anywhere else, and that is including the delivery charge and glass tops for the tank.
Toby - RES - adopted in December 2007 - 120g tank - Fluval FX5

Max - Pit Bull/Irish Setter/Dalmatian mix - adopted in March 2009
Lola - Pit Bull mix - adopted in June 2009
User avatar
meltedspork
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Feb 13, 2008
Location: Yorkville, IL, USA
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:09 am   Re: where can I buy a big tank?

I would also check craigslist and kijiji. Sometimes people need to get rid of their huge tanks and will sell for cheap.
User avatar
KnTucker
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Aug 31, 2010


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 114 guests