Habitat - Indoor :: Need advice for enrichment

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:27 am   Need advice for enrichment

Hi!
I am new turtle caregiver and new to this forum. My boyfriend rescued a red eared slider from Chinatown when she was the size of silver dollar. She is about 8" long now and doing very well except I fear she is very bored. I want to get her some turtle toys but have NO idea what turtles like. I would love any ideas!

Thanks!
Diane
Veganesse
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 21, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 pm   Re: Need advice for enrichment

i am not sure there are such toys made for turtles. but i do know that usually bigger turts like her tend to be lazy when they get to that age. it may seem like shes bored but she may be just lazy.

my baby still hasn't grown to that age yet so i can't say for sure but ive made caves and tunnels for her out of construction rocks/slabs and she loves exploring it.
i also made a mound of other types of rocks into a cave and she loves to climb around and explore there too.

you could try adding some fish to your habitat so she can chase them.

:)
savvy / nowornevercrew.com
ninja turtles - squirtle + biggie.
savage Rock
 
Posts: 67
Joined: Apr 9, 2010
Location: Surrey, BC CANADA


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 123 guests