Habitat - Indoor :: Turtle Topper

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:47 pm   Turtle Topper

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LICy7PWiCQg[/youtube]

Has anyone used these before and know if they come in any larger sizes for like a 90g? In the video they say it will fit up to only a 55g
kittyclover
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:05 pm   Re: Turtle Topper

If you do a search for the turtle topper you will find several discussions that we have already had about it.

For aesthetic reasons, I don't much care for it, and, I also don't think it would last very long for a turtle, maybe a year. I expect a turtle to outgrow it rather fast.
Phryne - Japanese bobtail, 11 y.o.
Hurricane - RES, approx. 19 y.o., 7.00in. long
Typhoon - RES hybrid, approx. 19 y.o., 8 in. long
Sadie - RES, approx. 30+ y.o., 11.5in. long
Sophie - Colombian red tail boa, 15 y.o., 5 ft. long
User avatar
theartbook35
 
Posts: 2425
Joined: Mar 25, 2009
Location: Connecticut, US
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:20 pm   Re: Turtle Topper

Oh sorry still new to the forum didnt think to use the search function. Thanks.
kittyclover
 
Posts: 40
Joined: Apr 18, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:49 pm   Re: Turtle Topper

It should fit a 90 gallon if it is 13 inches wide, anything bigger I don't think you can use that.
But you can make a ATBA thats much bigger and much cheaper.... they sell for around 50 dollars right?
Plexiglass can cost anywhere from 10-20 bucks depending on the size of it then eggcrate and silicone another 5 or 7 bucks.
Ranger- 13 year old Red Ear Slider
User avatar
Ranger The Red Ear Slider
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Jun 18, 2010
Location: San Antonio
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:37 pm   Re: Turtle Topper

yeah this is just another one of those "it has a picture of a turtle so people will buy it: and the "turtles that are sold are so small so everyone will think this is a great item and last them forever". Too many companies are getting into the turtle craze now and sadly don't care about anything but the bottom line.

I work in retail and can't tell you how many things I sell that cost more and do nothing just because of a picture or name on a package.
All I Want in Life is to be Happy!!
User avatar
Listen97
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Sep 3, 2008
Location: Falling Waters WV, US
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 131 guests