Habitat - Indoor :: New tank! Progress log

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:10 pm   

I'm keeping the smaller turtles in a different enclosure because my turtles are quite good eaters that would eat anything smaller then them. If you can find another of my post then there's a picture of my other enclosure. Right now then I'm not worried about any of my turtles getting bullied or anything, except for the small ones which I keep an eye on.
I'm saving up money from any sources I get them at to get a fairly larger tank. There's going to be 4 turtles in the tank being honest. I also have an explanation why I can't follow the 10 gallon rule.
1 Mississippi Map Turtle 3.25'' (Landslide)
1 Ouachita Map Turtle 4.0'' (Hurricane)
The rest of the turtles have been adopted to good homes. :)
User avatar
n00bEmpty
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Jan 18, 2010

Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:54 pm   

Almost done with the tank. I bet you can't spot my pleco! (He's above the bubble bar a bit, on the back of the glass.)
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
1 Mississippi Map Turtle 3.25'' (Landslide)
1 Ouachita Map Turtle 4.0'' (Hurricane)
The rest of the turtles have been adopted to good homes. :)
User avatar
n00bEmpty
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Jan 18, 2010

Post Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:16 pm   

Thats a very nice looking tank, great job :)
Charlotte - 1yr old RES
User avatar
Turtle Mummy 101
 
Posts: 348
Joined: Dec 13, 2009

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:09 am   

Looks good!
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:34 am   

I just finished adding more rocks to the bottom of the tank as a substrate. Most of them are the size of a tightly crumpled piece of paper (best comparison I can think of) or the hatchling's shell in general. Are there anyways to move the air pump's tubing around so the way you like it? I heard suction cups are good.
1 Mississippi Map Turtle 3.25'' (Landslide)
1 Ouachita Map Turtle 4.0'' (Hurricane)
The rest of the turtles have been adopted to good homes. :)
User avatar
n00bEmpty
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Jan 18, 2010

Post Posted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:19 am   

Tank is done:
Image
1 Mississippi Map Turtle 3.25'' (Landslide)
1 Ouachita Map Turtle 4.0'' (Hurricane)
The rest of the turtles have been adopted to good homes. :)
User avatar
n00bEmpty
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Jan 18, 2010

Post Posted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:18 am   

I hope i can place my tank indoor ...
Placing outdoor was a bust
you cant see the turts properly with the reflection of sunlight
And yeah algae were all crazy spreading the whole tank
2 mississippi map turtle
1 pleco
User avatar
turtlebro
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Mar 26, 2010
Location: Taiping , Malaysia

Post Posted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:40 pm   

Verry Verry nice i look up to that set up!! :)
User avatar
tidaboy9
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Feb 14, 2010

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:58 pm   

Do you have some sort of cover on that? They are likely to climb out with the water level that high.
1 Rio Grande RES - 1 Yr Old - J.T.
http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26972
User avatar
shedreamsinred
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Jun 12, 2010
Location: MA

Post Posted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:14 pm   

Looks nice!
Ranger- 13 year old Red Ear Slider
User avatar
Ranger The Red Ear Slider
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Jun 18, 2010
Location: San Antonio
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:18 am   

jozzep wrote:From your signature, I'm assuming you're going to keep 7 turtles in a 20 gallon tank.
Where did you keep them before the upgrade?? :shock:

For real?
User avatar
Marcus.85
 
Posts: 315
Joined: Mar 11, 2010

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:11 pm   Re: New tank! Progress log

In his pictures it looks like he's only keeping a RES in there.
Ranger- 13 year old Red Ear Slider
User avatar
Ranger The Red Ear Slider
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Jun 18, 2010
Location: San Antonio
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:24 pm   Re: New tank! Progress log

Ranger The Red Ear Slider wrote:In his pictures it looks like he's only keeping a RES in there.


He responded, he is keeping four turtles in there.
1 Rio Grande RES - 1 Yr Old - J.T.
http://www.redearslider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=26972
User avatar
shedreamsinred
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Jun 12, 2010
Location: MA

Post Posted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:55 am   Re: New tank! Progress log

I second the post about a cover. Your basking area is right under the top of the tank (which is good because the water is high to provide the most swimming room) so your turtles can very easily escape.

Don't get a screen lid as it will filter out the majority of the beneficial rays.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 97 guests