Habitat - Indoor :: Need some plan for basking area

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:05 pm   Need some plan for basking area

I see all these great ideas of basking areas for the turtles but How do you guys get the thing to like stay does anyone have a step by step plans or something, I tried the turtle topper but it didnt fit my 55 gallon so I know need to do something else for my 2 RES.

could someone please help me out

Thank You

What happens if their in the water too long?
xewkija631
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 10, 2010

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 pm   

Being in the water too long can cause Shell Rot and a number of other diseases and illnesses. Its never good to have anything other then a fish in water 24/7 7 days a week 365 days a year.

Shell Rot can kill turtles and its pretty painfull for them. When I did not have a stick on dock, I used some floating chunks of wood and depending on where the filter was it would make the wood stay in a certon spot of the tank..so ide try that if you cant go buy a turtle dock.

Most pet shops have little Turtle docks you can buy that come with a stick and sticky pads that stick to the side of your tank. they work great and even go up and down with water level change. OR You can get a big piece of Cork Bark from a pet shop or something and just cut it to where it sticks to the tank perfect...
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:10 pm   

i have mine held in by these stops
Image
its just a corner piece of wood cut to about an inch. ive had no problems withmy ATBA
65 Gallon
-1 RES (Myrtle)
-1 Pleco (unnamed)
-1 four lined pimelodus catfish (unnamed)
-1 shubunkin (unnamed)
29 Gallon Planted Tank
-3 cory cats
-# guppies!
User avatar
rsour24
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Location: PA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:19 pm   

Well I decided to go to home depot and get some stuff and put something together really quick, i had no idea what i was doing but, I ended up doing something good seeming how they go on the above basking area now =]

thanks for the help
xewkija631
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Apr 10, 2010

Post Posted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:47 am   

why didnt it fit i have a turtle topper on my 55 gal did you make sure to extend the suction cups
1>juv. res
1>ouachita map <spike><R.I.P>
2>dog<sunny><nikki>
5>african cichlids
1>kitty<marley>
User avatar
coreyvht
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Jan 28, 2010
Location: bonney lake ,wa
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 134 guests