Habitat - Indoor :: Driftwood

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:49 pm   Driftwood

Just a nice big piece of driftwood

i stole off my sister ;D

Image

Image

I like the natural look of the wood

im sure my turtle will have no problem getting on right?
I like turtles ;]
Sir Max
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 23, 2010
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:37 pm   

looks good! nice find/steal haha
Skids
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Jan 8, 2010

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:43 pm   

looks good! nice find/steal haha
Skids
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Jan 8, 2010

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:52 pm   

Skids wrote:looks good! nice find/steal haha



Double Post FTW
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:08 pm   

Looks great but it looks like cork bark. I have cork bark in my tank.
3 baby RES
brandonsdad02
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Dec 19, 2009
Location: Indianola, IA

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:15 pm   

THATS WHAT ITS CALLED LOL

i was thinking about that..its cork bark
I like turtles ;]
Sir Max
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 23, 2010
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:40 pm   

It may turn your water a bit brownish for a while.
3 baby RES
brandonsdad02
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Dec 19, 2009
Location: Indianola, IA

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:48 pm   

Yeah =/

well my sister said its driftwood

but i thought to myself...this doesnt look like driftwood

and even my mother said it feels like cork
I like turtles ;]
Sir Max
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 23, 2010
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:57 pm   

That's is what it looks like to me. How big is your turt? My 3 baby res that are about 1" around love the cork bark. Its easy for their little claws to grab it and climb up. I drilled 2 small holes in my cork bark and ran some fishing line thru it and attached it to some suction cups to keep it from floating all over the tank.
3 baby RES
brandonsdad02
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Dec 19, 2009
Location: Indianola, IA

Post Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 11:03 pm   

Looks like cork bark to me too.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:04 am   

My turtle is a hatchling

i was thinking the same thing drilling a few holes in it and attaching it somehow

My turtle hasnt inspected it so far that i have seen..maybe he has

but i havnt spotted him on it..i really hope he gets comfortable with it fast haha
I like turtles ;]
Sir Max
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 23, 2010
Location: Canada

Post Posted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:36 am   

Ours went to it right away. I just got some suction cups at Wal-Mart in the craft section. They came with little metal hooks on them to hang stuff from but I took them off.
3 baby RES
brandonsdad02
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Dec 19, 2009
Location: Indianola, IA


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 69 guests