Habitat - Indoor :: New to the forum!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:53 pm   New to the forum!

Hey everyone, new to the forums :)


I had three RES's, now I have one (gave the other two away) His name is Donatella (my boyfriend likes the Ninja Turtles) and he's growing to be a pretty big boy. I've had him for almost two years now, and he is finally ready for a 55gl which he will be getting next week. I'm going to need

-new filter
-intank heater
-platform/toys/basking area

I'm open to all ideas, esp for a good filter and intank heater at a somewhat decent price (i'm a student).

Also, I was considering getting him a friend once he is in his new tank. Would a new companion (another RES) be a possibly bad idea? Will be attack/eat him? He eats practically everything, little fatty, haha.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!

Thank youuuuu!!
Tania
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mar 11, 2010
Location: Boston

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:01 pm   

make sure the turtles are around the same size before putting them in a tank together, a big one WILL kill a little one thinking he is a fish or something good to eat. Also I would get a canister filter but those can get pretty pricey. Uh, Basking area, for me I just stacked a bunch of rocks and stuff all into 1 side and made sure its out of the water so they can bask. Toys, just get a bunch of feeder fish and let them go in the tank lol, he will have plenty of fun with those!
DarkGenoc1de on Playstation Network
SINI5T3R
 
Posts: 1570
Joined: Feb 26, 2010
Location: Casa Grande, Arizona
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:23 pm   

a second turtle is a bad idea. ud need at least a 110 gallon tank for now. and odds r they would out grow it. if i ere u id find a bigger tank that a 55 because he will outgrow that too. id get a 75 because that could be a male RES home for life if its by itself. and id thro is some rosy reds. turtles love chasing them and they rfast and give them exersize.
65 Gallon
-1 RES (Myrtle)
-1 Pleco (unnamed)
-1 four lined pimelodus catfish (unnamed)
-1 shubunkin (unnamed)
29 Gallon Planted Tank
-3 cory cats
-# guppies!
User avatar
rsour24
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Location: PA
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 75 guests