Habitat - Indoor :: ZooMed Floating Docks not working for my little ones

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 4:45 pm   ZooMed Floating Docks not working for my little ones

I got the medium size one. but for some reason, the surface of the dock is slipppery. my little babe silder(about 1.5 inches) can't climb up on it...

any other ramp or docks works good for them??
chinkieboy
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Oct 11, 2009

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:01 pm   

I have the Zoo Med dock and mine have no trouble, i've had them since they were babies. Did you do a thorough washing of it after you bought it?
try washing it (I just use water with a large scrub brush) and set it to try.
My site for my turtles, Wally and Pie - http://turtlefantasy.wordpress.com/
gianoshoes
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Mar 29, 2009
Location: Elk Grove, CA

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:27 pm   

Mine do great with the turtle pier.
2 - RES
-Slider 5.5" male
-Luckie 5"
1- eastern painted turtle - Anubis 5.25"
1- southern painted turtle - AmunRa 2.5"
1- northern dbt - Tiki 4"
1- concentric northern dbt - Isis 5"
2 - DSH cats Spike and Grim
tammi
 
Posts: 436
Joined: Jun 7, 2009

Post Posted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:47 pm   

mine works great for my little guy
65 Gallon
-1 RES (Myrtle)
-1 Pleco (unnamed)
-1 four lined pimelodus catfish (unnamed)
-1 shubunkin (unnamed)
29 Gallon Planted Tank
-3 cory cats
-# guppies!
User avatar
rsour24
 
Posts: 1678
Joined: Sep 7, 2009
Location: PA
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:10 am   

i did wash it, but the surface is still slippery.
chinkieboy
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Oct 11, 2009

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:47 pm   

Try scrubbing it. Is there algae?

Or it may be too big for your turtle. I have a large dock right now for a hatchling and he has a lot of trouble getting up onto it and never goes beyond the ramp.
Last edited by jwinters on Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RES: Turtley - about 9" (She makes it a mission to measure her. :/)
Musk: Bolt - 4.5"
Mutt: Gaviota - small
User avatar
jwinters
 
Posts: 369
Joined: Feb 18, 2010
Location: Southern California
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 9:48 pm   

zoo med docks seem to do that alot u have to wash it really good and hard
1>juv. res
1>ouachita map <spike><R.I.P>
2>dog<sunny><nikki>
5>african cichlids
1>kitty<marley>
User avatar
coreyvht
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Jan 28, 2010
Location: bonney lake ,wa
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:11 am   

got to wash it alot. I could tell everytime i cleaned the tank it was really slick.
Skids
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Jan 8, 2010

Post Posted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am   

When I got mine it felt like it was covered in grease. It was really hard to clean off. I used a cloth and hot water and scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed....and eventually it came off. It might be a protective coat that the manufacturers put on...I'm not sure.
Check out my blog at: http://turtleaffairs.wordpress.com/
Tank #1:
~Charlie - 4 inch male RES
Tank #2:
~Charlotte - 6 inch female RES
worldpeace
 
Posts: 611
Joined: Jun 29, 2009
Location: Canada
Gender: Female


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 116 guests