Habitat - Indoor :: Warm Tank Water

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:44 pm   Warm Tank Water

My water is slowly risen to 81 degrees Fahrenheit and I have no heaters. It may possibly be the warm house but is there a way of cooling down the water?
Cleverking
 
Posts: 46
Joined: Jan 13, 2010

Post Posted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:42 pm   

depending on how large your tank is, you can freeze water bottles and put them in there. i have to do this during the summer.
FOR THE HORDE!
str1p
 
Posts: 166
Joined: Mar 22, 2009
Location: Woodstock, Georgia

Post Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:21 pm   

Cl-king I don't know where your live and the temp you keep your home. Once upon a time, long ago, I had the same problem and finally realized that a heating vent was just under and blowing on my tank. I cured the problem with a piece of duck tape.
mikee
 
Posts: 1396
Joined: Nov 4, 2007

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:53 am   

Is it in direct sunlight for any lengthily time through out the day?
User avatar
DocShay
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Oct 31, 2007

Post Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:21 am   

I live in tropical country with avg 82 F water everyday. I cool it with frozen bottle of ice. My tank is not near any stuffs that emit heat
1 RES
1 convict
2 black neon tetra
3 Minnow
Lilsaint
 
Posts: 237
Joined: Nov 28, 2009
Location: Oak Park, CA USA

Post Posted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:48 pm   

frozen bottle of ice is cheap and easy, but you have to refreeze them each day.

Aquarium chillers are available.. used in reef systems to cool down water heated up by Metal Halide lighing. They are a bit pricey $$$ but work well.

Another solution is a DIY chiller if you have the time / space http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/diychi ... hiller.htm
User avatar
VeipaCray
Moderator
 
Posts: 4311
Joined: Aug 31, 2009
Location: Naperville, IL
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 75 guests