Habitat - Indoor :: Turtle Tank Set up

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:18 pm   Turtle Tank Set up

I have two small RES in a 55 gallon tank for now with a basking area and proper lighting. The only thing i have a Eheim ecco canister filter for 60 gallon tanks. I just ordered the filter but have already used it so i cant return it. I have learned it is not enough filtration what should i do?
Skids
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Jan 8, 2010

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:42 am   

Get another filter and run them together? It's ok to use just that one in the
meanwhile. Browse craiglist.
RES - Ramen <f> (51/4")
RES - Heine <f> (43/4")
Asian Leaf Turtle - unnamed <m> (53/4")
measured at Nov 24, 2012
< my turtles' pics >
User avatar
Kemul
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Aug 31, 2008
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:26 am   

Kemul wrote:Get another filter and run them together? It's ok to use just that one in the
meanwhile. Browse craiglist.

I agree with Kemul.
I got an FX5 from ebay new for 190$. If that is too steep, check ebay for other filters at dramatically lower prices.
I have two female red ear sliders.
Chimpy - 5.5 inches
Chompy- 6.0 inches
Both were born about 7/2007
Got them -- 9/2007
User avatar
bradmeisel
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Nov 2, 2008
Location: Flushing, New York

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:42 pm   

I know a lot of fish keepers like the Aqua Clear 110. It's relatively inexpensive, but adds a good boost to the gph cycled. Plus, it agitates the water surface.
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:18 pm   

i wont every buy a aqua clear filter again haha. I bought one when i first got the turtles along with a bigger tank. It worked great for the first 3 weeks then went downhill the next month until the motor just stopped filtering.

I was thinking about getting one of these http://www.eheim.com/base/eheim/inhalte/indexc127.html?key=liniendetail_27481_ehen

anyone heard anything about these?

by the way thanks for the help everyone.
Skids
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Jan 8, 2010


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 71 guests