Habitat - Indoor :: Cork Bark Basking Area

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:10 pm   Cork Bark Basking Area

I recently created a new basking area out of cork bark for my 12 year old RES. (The original basking area was stone). For some reason, he's just not diggin' it. I've lifted him out of the water to put him up there several times. He just jumps back into the water.

I'm not sure if he doesn't like the feel of the cork bark.

Any suggestions on the best way to get a turtle to break in a new basking area?


**UPDATE** Ten minutes after I posted this, my turtle finally got up on his basking area. I think he was just messing with me for a couple days.
Susan E
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Jan 8, 2010
Location: South Dakota

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:43 am   

Yeah... sometimes it takes a turtle a week or two to get accustomed to a new setup.
RES - Ramen <f> (51/4")
RES - Heine <f> (43/4")
Asian Leaf Turtle - unnamed <m> (53/4")
measured at Nov 24, 2012
< my turtles' pics >
User avatar
Kemul
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Aug 31, 2008
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:21 am   

You could try to put a piece of food way up on it.
I have two female red ear sliders.
Chimpy - 5.5 inches
Chompy- 6.0 inches
Both were born about 7/2007
Got them -- 9/2007
User avatar
bradmeisel
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Nov 2, 2008
Location: Flushing, New York


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 81 guests