Habitat - Indoor :: Hagen Turtle Bio-Clean Equivalent?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:04 pm   Hagen Turtle Bio-Clean Equivalent?

Hello,

I am in search of a product that is equivalent to Hagen Turtle Clean Bio-Care. If you have a recommendation for an organic waste removal product that is just as effective or better, please share. Thank you!

Happy New Year! :D
chanel no. 13
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 23, 2006
Location: City of Angels

Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:57 pm   

I don't recall an alternative, though there probably is at least one. However, most of us don't recommend using such a product. Is there a reason you don't want to use Turtle Clean?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:28 pm   

The stores that we usually frequent or order from (Petco, PetSmart, Big Al's) have discontinued carrying the product. Ordering it from other sites is becoming quite expensive.

Why is this product not recommended? (Just a guess -- could the reason/s correlate with why those big stores don't carry the product any more?). Perhaps, we will reconsider discontinuing use, too, then...

Thanks!
chanel no. 13
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Mar 23, 2006
Location: City of Angels

Post Posted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:40 pm   

I haven't been on the other turtle sites lately, so I have no idea if it has been determined to be harmful. Looking at drsfostersmith.com, it looks like it's called Nutrafin Turtle Clean.

One person thought that it would breakdown food that was still in a turtle's gut, though that was very speculative but certainly possible. I just generally avoid adding chemicals or bio material into the tank.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 125 guests