Habitat - Indoor :: Squirts tank

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:32 pm   Squirts tank

Hey,
Here's squirts tank. It is still the same 55gallon, with not many changes. Squirt still really enjoys it, I think at least. haha.
Image
tank stand: filter is a fluval 404
Image
Squirt! Check out the long nails now.
Image

Whatcha think??
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:11 pm   

Very nice! That is such a cool tank, and the sand looks great!
Is the tank somewhere you can enjoy it?
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 pm   

I'm very new to having a RES so i have a few questions for you. What kind of lights are you using? I have a Repto Glo 5.0 and the same style of fixture for it. Are you using a tank hood with a fluorecent light? I looks almost like you are. I have 1 on mine and was wondering if you need a heat light too or will the aquarium light will do. Is your basking area a floating 1. I couldn't tell from the pictures. Mine is about 7" from the top of the tank.
3 baby RES
brandonsdad02
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Dec 19, 2009
Location: Indianola, IA

Post Posted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:29 pm   

BTW...your set up is very nice! I like it.
3 baby RES
brandonsdad02
 
Posts: 141
Joined: Dec 19, 2009
Location: Indianola, IA

Post Posted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:23 am   

Thank you!

BullDog,
Yes! My room, haha. I wake up looking at it, and I have a chair in the room facing the tank. ;)

BrandonsDad02,
I am using a repti glo 5.0 26 watt, and in the other black dome style lamp is a 60watt incandescent heat bulb. I am not using a tank hood. The bar across the top of the tank is a high power flourescent strip light. I only bought it for the viewing pleasure of my tank, no other reason. :)
You do need a heat bulb.
And yes, it is a floating dock.
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali

Post Posted: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:03 pm   

ur lucky 2 have a male. the place where i got my turtles only had females. or mabey they arent old enough yet. i have had them for a year now and when i got them they were a little bigger than a quarter
3 Res Raphaiel, Crash, Neya
rturtle1
 
Posts: 42
Joined: Mar 5, 2008

Post Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:39 pm   

Yeah I got Squirt when he was about 2 3/4", and just hoped he would be male, and he came out to be male! I was very excited.
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 133 guests