Habitat - Indoor :: Underwater Lighting?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:01 am   Underwater Lighting?

Hi, new here. I'm setting up a RES tank and want some underwater lighting for when the UVB bulb is turned off. I've looked all over the internet and can't find a good light that is white or yellow. I've found red, blue and green. I want the subtle look in my tank so those colors are too wild for me. Can someone show me where I can get some underwater lights? Thank you.
cYn
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 21, 2009

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:36 am   

I think I read somewhere that turtles prefer to sleep in the dark at night. If the
lighting is for your enjoyment only and you can't find white or yellow underwater
lighting, how about using one outside the tank? Perhaps you can fit one at the side
aiming at the back of the tank?

Just a wild suggestion... :)
RES - Ramen <f> (51/4")
RES - Heine <f> (43/4")
Asian Leaf Turtle - unnamed <m> (53/4")
measured at Nov 24, 2012
< my turtles' pics >
User avatar
Kemul
 
Posts: 801
Joined: Aug 31, 2008
Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:30 pm   

If you can't find underwater lights you could always mount some LED moonlights on the underside of your tank canopy: http://www.marinedepot.com/lighting_moonlight_moon_lunar_lamp_current_usa-ap.html. I have a Current USA aquarium light fixture that has the white LEDs incorporated into it and I love the way they look at night. Much more natural looking than the usual blue LED moon lights.
User avatar
thegrandpoohbah
 
Posts: 246
Joined: Oct 14, 2007
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 92 guests