Habitat - Indoor :: Bently's New Setup! Finally! Please comment!

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:50 pm   

There's an attachment you can use on a drill that will drill a large hole into the wood. It's called a hole saw, I believe. They cost like $10 at home depot. It looks like this:
Image
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:08 pm   

I'll have to talk to my dad about that. I think the tank is doing ok now though, right?
~Bently11~
1 RES turtle Bentley
RIP George the RES
1 Bearded Dragon Duke
1 African Clawed frog Whizz
1 Havanese dog Buddy
bently11
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Apr 19, 2008

Post Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:07 am   

bently11 wrote:I'll have to talk to my dad about that. I think the tank is doing ok now though, right?


i think youre mad, that masive tank with no support......i be worried dude.

cool tank tho much better than mine
neil20055
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Aug 30, 2008

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:11 am   

bently11 wrote:I'll have to talk to my dad about that. I think the tank is doing ok now though, right?


Yeah it looks fine.

Look into the wood though if you want to be sure.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 pm   

My dad picked up some more cinderblocks, the tank is now fully supported on the frame. Thanks a lot for all your help guys! We really appreciate it.
~Bently11~
1 RES turtle Bentley
RIP George the RES
1 Bearded Dragon Duke
1 African Clawed frog Whizz
1 Havanese dog Buddy
bently11
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Apr 19, 2008

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:58 am   

I'm curious here, by fully supported do you mean all the way around the frame? As in at all points of the bottom of the black frame there is a cinderblock in contact with it?

To me the last picture you posted where you showed where they were with red lines is better then it was to begin with, but it still isn't distributing the weight evenly. The points where the blocks are are holding all of that weight, and where there isn't a block has no support which to me would mean there is still a chance of failure in that.

I know this sounds really negative, but just as everyone else is, I'm just concerned that this will break on you and you'll be out the tank. If by fully supported you mean the blocks go all the way around then you should be good. Get some more pictures up when you can.
User avatar
xstefanx
 
Posts: 111
Joined: May 4, 2009

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 122 guests