Habitat - Indoor :: basking materials

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:23 am   basking materials

I am making an in tank basking area for my red eared slider.
I was just wondering if there are any materials that should not be used and that are dangerous?
at the moment im thinking of using shelving like this: Image
as I have tons of it around. I'm just not sure if it will be safe for my turtle or will rust.
angie11
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 29, 2009

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:56 am   

Well that's metal covered in vinyl....It will rust eventually.
I would use plastic,plexiglass,or non treated wood.
User avatar
jozzep
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Feb 24, 2008
Location: West Orange,NJ

Post Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:49 pm   

In tank? I'd try cork bark first, it'll look great and is natural.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:20 am   

You could put a crate in there from the hobbie shop and cut out a door and just attach a ramp or a slanted basking for going in and out
I Like Turtles!
theturtlekeeper
 
Posts: 57
Joined: Aug 6, 2009
Location: United States,California


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 159 guests