Habitat - Indoor :: Advice needed for cleaning wood

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 4:42 pm   Advice needed for cleaning wood

Greetings all. While doing my regular tank cleaning, I noticed two different kinds of tiny bugs in my tank. I've read elsewhere on the forum that they are not major concern, and that I just need to feed less and clean more. They mostly hang out on or around my decorative, somewhat large, wood branch that is partially submerged. My questions are, can I just use vinegar to clean the branch? Scrub or soak? I'm worried that since it's porous, I may not be able to get all the vinegar off. Or do you think it would be better to just toss it, and get another one? Another post mentioned boiling it, but that is not an option for me.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Catplrgrl1
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Jan 29, 2009
Location: San Francisco

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 5:07 pm   

IF you can boil the wood in hot water and scub it or just soak it in the hotest water you can get from your sink and scrub repeat again if your using sink water.
Instagram: Diamondbacks4Life
User avatar
Diamondbacks4Life
Moderator
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Apr 4, 2009
Location: Pennsylvania
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:46 pm   

Are the bugs from the wood or are they drawn to it?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:41 am   

I would just toss it.......
User avatar
jozzep
 
Posts: 1497
Joined: Feb 24, 2008
Location: West Orange,NJ


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 93 guests