I recently got an AquaTech 20-40 power filter for my turtle's tank (a hang on tank kind). It's a waterfall type. It was the only kind at the store, so I didn't really have any other choices. The problem is, as is often the case with waterfall types in turtle tanks, the water level is a couple of inches below the lip of the filter, and this causes a great deal of splashing and noise. The information page on filter types says:
"This can be reduced in many cases with a simple DIY fix by extending the lip or by adding a flap."
Can anyone give me instructions on exactly how to do this and what materials are required? Or link me to a topic about it? I tried searching already, but wasn't having any luck. I'm a very quiet person, and I know the filter will drive me crazy. Thanks in advance.


