Habitat - Indoor :: Glass doors with turtle designs or soemthing nice ?

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 6:52 pm   

Or you could do like 2 or 3 little spotlights pointed at the doors. Like one pointed at each door..
http://chrisredearslider.blogspot.com/
1.0 Red Ear Slider-Squirt
37g-Dwarf Gourami/Peaceful Comm. tank
1.0 Axolotl-Axle
0.1 Dog-Leia
User avatar
Chrisbarnett
 
Posts: 2399
Joined: Dec 26, 2007
Location: Cali

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:41 am   

Chrisbarnett wrote:Or you could do like 2 or 3 little spotlights pointed at the doors. Like one pointed at each door..
Def alot of ideas to consider as far as illumination goes.
Pets
1 x Male Rio Grande RES named Niko (knee-co) - Growth Chart - DOB 7/03/2008 (Owned since 9/24/2008)
3 x Cats (Orange Tabi, Black n Gray Tabi & Black Long Hair)
Feeding Lists
Niko: → Feed Me ← (Updated 6/10/11)
Cats: Cat Food ;-p
User avatar
MoreBloodWine
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Sep 3, 2008
Location: Meadville, Pa
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:50 pm   

I'd also look into decorative window film or privacy frosted window film which you can trim and make your own design.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:12 am   

I've decided to go with some sort of colord glass design. I feel that etched glass or a iced film wouldnt look to hot to me even though I know it would look nice.

Anyway, as far as lighting it up goes so it doesnt look dull I just bought one of these. It shoudl light up the glass just right without making it overly bright, another useful purpose for it is that it will help light up the under cabinet so if I ever need to work in there I can see what I'm doing just fine. All I need to do is wait for the guy to finish building my custom stand for me, get whatever glass panels I wana go with and then I'll be all set. All that would be left to do at that point would be to get the new tank, filter etc which means in about $1200 or so I should be all done with Nikos new 60x18x24 home. The sad part is that I'm still looking at about 6mo to a yr before completion. I nthe meantime I do have plans on getting Niko a 30 long tank to replace his / her current 10g temp setup. The 30 long should be just fine for the next 6mo to a year since Niko is stil relatively small.
Pets
1 x Male Rio Grande RES named Niko (knee-co) - Growth Chart - DOB 7/03/2008 (Owned since 9/24/2008)
3 x Cats (Orange Tabi, Black n Gray Tabi & Black Long Hair)
Feeding Lists
Niko: → Feed Me ← (Updated 6/10/11)
Cats: Cat Food ;-p
User avatar
MoreBloodWine
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Sep 3, 2008
Location: Meadville, Pa
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 78 guests