Habitat - Indoor :: Spray Bar Location

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:44 pm   Spray Bar Location

I need some help on where to place my spray bar for my Fluval 403.

Right now I have it near the bottom on the right hand side while the intake is at the left hand side.

I have a small internal filter on the left hand side just to aggitate the water surface there as I notice the water gets stagnant and will have a film over there.

I have been experiementing with it's placement but hope an expert can tell me a better placement. This is my first canister filter as it came with the 70 gallon tank.

Image
User avatar
Mauk
 
Posts: 60
Joined: Dec 1, 2008
Location: Markham, ON

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:47 pm   

I would try to run it along that center support. That would look pretty sweet and work well.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:48 pm   

Try it on the back wall, towards the right end hand of tank, just below water surface pointing forwards, and very slightly upwards to it disturbs the water surface.
seanwb
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sep 1, 2008
Location: London, England

Post Posted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:14 pm   

I think your filter setup is perfect and I wouldn't suggest you move it. The way it is set up right now, it doesn't allow anything to settle on the bottom of the tank (a common problem). To fix the film issue, just get an air stone. You can get the disk shape, but I think the stick would do better. It will also give your turtle something to play with.
~Christi
1.0 RES: Mikey R.I.P.
1.0 Het for Albino Red Tail Boa: Kaa ~adopted out
0.0.1 Northern BTS: Petri ~now a well-loved class pet

1.0 Am. Staff Mix: Brutus R.I.P.
1.0 German Shepherd: Pax

1.0 Husband: Will
0.1 Daughter: Lily
User avatar
untsmurf
Senior Member
 
Posts: 4291
Joined: Jul 28, 2007
Location: Carrollton, TX
Gender: Female


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 139 guests