Habitat - Indoor :: Obviously I'll save the water so I dont have to re-cycle...

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:24 pm   

300 gallon stock tank / indoor pond in my home office. One very happy and contented RES.

Incredibly simply concept;
Island (in the middle so she can not escape)
Lighting off a four foot tank (UVB & basking light)
Heater (500w titanium to cope with high heat loss from large surface, bottom and side areas)
Unconventional heater guard (Don't ask - it was quick and cheap!)
Simple filtration (not saying what as no one will believe it keeps ammonia and nitrite at zero - but it does! I am thinking of upgrading so I only need to clean out every 2-3 months)

My office is a converted garage so the weight is not an issue.
seanwb
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Sep 1, 2008
Location: London, England

Post Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:41 pm   

seanwb wrote:300 gallon stock tank / indoor pond in my home office. One very happy and contented RES.

Incredibly simply concept;
Island (in the middle so she can not escape)
Lighting off a four foot tank (UVB & basking light)
Heater (500w titanium to cope with high heat loss from large surface, bottom and side areas)
Unconventional heater guard (Don't ask - it was quick and cheap!)
Simple filtration (not saying what as no one will believe it keeps ammonia and nitrite at zero - but it does! I am thinking of upgrading so I only need to clean out every 2-3 months)

My office is a converted garage so the weight is not an issue.
Ok, now you gotta post pics lol
Pets
1 x Male Rio Grande RES named Niko (knee-co) - Growth Chart - DOB 7/03/2008 (Owned since 9/24/2008)
3 x Cats (Orange Tabi, Black n Gray Tabi & Black Long Hair)
Feeding Lists
Niko: → Feed Me ← (Updated 6/10/11)
Cats: Cat Food ;-p
User avatar
MoreBloodWine
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Sep 3, 2008
Location: Meadville, Pa
Gender: Male

Previous

Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 97 guests