Habitat - Indoor :: 500gal. tank pics

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:10 am   500gal. tank pics

Image
This is a very nice filter the water stays crystal clear and I can use more media than I have ever seen with another filter. Although it was pricey, you get what you pay for.
Image
The tank is in my maintenance test pilot office. My test pilot and I work in this office so the turtle has a lot of time by himself.
Image
The stand is a desk we modified for the tank. It works great. The filter fits right in the back and the accessories go in and under the desk.
1 Female RES 6 in.
4'x2-1/2'x2' Tank
1 Mangrove Monitor 3.5 ft
10'x10'x6' Enclosure
User avatar
akaghettoraver
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Location: Honduras

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:50 am   

That a great sized tank! I think you mean 500 litres, from the dimensions you gave in the other post.
Is that a live plant in there? It looks really nice!

I love the Fluval FX5 too! I've got 2 ;)
­Ralpheal, "The 'L' is silent."
Frankie, "Young at heart."
User avatar
BullDog
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3889
Joined: Jun 21, 2006
Location: BC, Canada

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:55 am   

no it is a fake one yeah litres, something like that, lol it is well enough room for one turtle
1 Female RES 6 in.
4'x2-1/2'x2' Tank
1 Mangrove Monitor 3.5 ft
10'x10'x6' Enclosure
User avatar
akaghettoraver
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Location: Honduras

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:30 am   

Nice setup. I bet your turtle loves having that huge house to himself. You should try to find some eggcate or other screen material to make a cover for your tank so you can raise the water level a little bit. We would love to see some pictures of the Mangrove Monitor when you get a chance.
Tracie
1 2yr male RES Buddy
1 fat female cat Missy
1 fluffy male cat Joey
1 husband Kyle
http://s247.photobucket.com/albums/gg160/RESnTX/
RESnTX
 
Posts: 534
Joined: Feb 3, 2008
Location: Houston, Tx

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:47 am   

I love the new tank. And definitly post some pics of the Monitor:-)
2 RES Tonny and Karmela
2 green iguanas Zigi and Biberka
2 burmese pytons Demjan and Bubu
User avatar
ivonaa
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Sep 22, 2008
Location: Skopje-Macedonia

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:13 am   

Looks nice! I would have thought a 500gallon tank would be... well way bigger.
I build acrylic ATBAs.
Rubicon
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 7, 2008
Location: Fort Bragg, NC.
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:35 pm   

now that is an awesome tank....i'm working with a ten gallon now...but i got a great big 50 gallon for a 1 incher than i got a couple weeks back..........i think he'll stroke out when i get it ready
2 RES - Link and Sora
1 Bearded Dragon - Brahm
1 Chilean Rose Tarantula - Achilles

www.freetimeradio.com

the best in rock/metal online
DJSockpuppet
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Nov 15, 2008
Location: southern united states

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:58 pm   

Yeah definitly, I will get some shots of the Mangrove when I get back to the states, that is where he is now. I have older pics of him in his old cage as a baby. And, you might be right on the gender. I was looking at thos pics thinking the same thing. The diet is reptomin and shimp and repto-treat. If you think I should change something by all means bring it up. As for the tank it is 500 liters, that was a misprint, sorry all:) Thanks for the comments. Sorry for the mess in our office, we are never in there except for paper work, always on the flightline fixing and flying the helicopters!
1 Female RES 6 in.
4'x2-1/2'x2' Tank
1 Mangrove Monitor 3.5 ft
10'x10'x6' Enclosure
User avatar
akaghettoraver
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Location: Honduras

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:45 pm   

Cool! Looks great. If I were you I'd raise the water level as much as possible.

X2 AKITA
X2 R.E. SLIDER


Respect
ALL beings.
User avatar
Arisu
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Jul 31, 2008
Location: Northern California, USA

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:54 pm   

The water is about twice the heigth of the turtle but I will add to it as the time comes. I like to have it twice the turtles heigth, with this setup there is a large amount of swimming room and swimming restraints aren't even close. I could put it up another couple of inches tho. Thanks
1 Female RES 6 in.
4'x2-1/2'x2' Tank
1 Mangrove Monitor 3.5 ft
10'x10'x6' Enclosure
User avatar
akaghettoraver
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Location: Honduras

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:36 pm   

Looks good but I dont like the bracing on the tank, looks like it could break easily.
Pets
1 x Male Rio Grande RES named Niko (knee-co) - Growth Chart - DOB 7/03/2008 (Owned since 9/24/2008)
3 x Cats (Orange Tabi, Black n Gray Tabi & Black Long Hair)
Feeding Lists
Niko: → Feed Me ← (Updated 6/10/11)
Cats: Cat Food ;-p
User avatar
MoreBloodWine
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Sep 3, 2008
Location: Meadville, Pa
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:43 pm   

the glass is 1/2 in.thick, the guy that built it has a bigger one with the same bracing. Since I will never fill it to the top, it will be just fine. It doesn't bow at all. Thanks for the concern tho!
1 Female RES 6 in.
4'x2-1/2'x2' Tank
1 Mangrove Monitor 3.5 ft
10'x10'x6' Enclosure
User avatar
akaghettoraver
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Sep 28, 2006
Location: Honduras


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 123 guests