Habitat - Indoor :: Help with a short term house.

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:38 pm   Help with a short term house.

Hello,

I am getting a 55 gal . Tank next week, with all the fixin's. But my turtle will need a place to stay for a few days until it comes . So I got a rubbermaid box that holes 18 gals.

Should I buy a filter and a heater for that , even if he is just going to be in there for 4 days . And should the ater be filled all the way up to the top.
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:49 pm   

I think your turtle would be fine. Just monitor the temp as best you can, and maybe add hot water or cold water (Mixing it up after adding!), depending on the temperature. If you have a spare heater, or have a heater at all, then just put it in there. If you don't then it seems your turtle has survived thus far.

However, I am not a genius when it comes to turtle's so take my advice at your own discretion, this is only what I'm thinking would be plausible.
Nin10doGC
 
Posts: 104
Joined: Aug 26, 2008

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:52 pm   

couldnt you just use the current filter and heater that is in your turtles tank?
-Gabe:D

1.0.1 RES - Raphael & Speedy Claxter

Egg Crate: (n.) turtle owner's best friend, (2) also known as light diffuser, (3) found in local hardware stores in the lighting section
User avatar
Raphulk
 
Posts: 853
Joined: Dec 30, 2007
Location: sunny california

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:54 pm   

Nin10doGC is right for the most part. Your turtle will be fine for a few days in the rubbermaid box, the only thing you should make sure you get is a UVB and heat lamp(forgot what the compact ones are called that have both UVB and heat). You don't need a filter for a short 3 day period nor a water heater, you will need the filter and heater when you do the final setup for the 55gal though.
My non-human family consists of...

1 RES-- Mary Jane
1 Ball Python-- Rukiya
2 Cockatiels-- Chapis and Stewie
User avatar
JimmyJam
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Aug 23, 2008
Location: Martinez, CA, US

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:58 pm   

I am got a new one . I could not help myself. And so I am getting two tanks . I can not just drop the new one in with the old . lol
Please excuse any spelling and/or grammatical errors. I'm dyslexic.I do my best!
User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm   

User avatar
joeybsmooth
 
Posts: 1739
Joined: Apr 19, 2008
Location: South Carolina

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:12 pm   

Looks very nice.
My non-human family consists of...

1 RES-- Mary Jane
1 Ball Python-- Rukiya
2 Cockatiels-- Chapis and Stewie
User avatar
JimmyJam
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Aug 23, 2008
Location: Martinez, CA, US


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 164 guests