Habitat - Indoor :: My turtles house

Turtle tank setups and other indoor configurations.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:55 pm   My turtles house

Sorry, I dont have a camera, so I will just tell you about my turtles home. I own 1 turtle and she/he is 3 inches and is in a 55 gallon tank. I have plants, floating basking dock, UVB and UVA lighting combined, heater, filter, and some other play things. Does this sound like a good home for my turtle? Her/his name is Stripes.
animal_lover
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 16, 2007
Location: IDAHO

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:56 pm   

Sounds like a great home to me! :)
3 turtles,
3 cats,
& fish.
User avatar
emma
 
Posts: 2031
Joined: Aug 28, 2007
Location: Minnesota

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:13 pm   

Welcome to Turtle Talk!!!! Sounds great!!! It is rare to see someone who is new to the forum with a proper sized set-up!!! Good job!!! :D :D :D
Really Awesome Text Loading...
███████████
▒▒▒▒ 78%

RES's
Tank, SCL 3.75in.
Diesel, SCL 3in.
User avatar
N4784N R4613
 
Posts: 1340
Joined: Jul 18, 2006
Location: Phila. PA.

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:13 pm   

Sounds nice. What kind of filter are you using? I'm interested also in your light bulb. What kind of bulb are you using?
SpotsMama
User avatar
SpotsMama
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 8079
Joined: Jun 7, 2006
Location: Mesquite Texas

Post Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:41 pm   

I am using a xp3 filter, and it does a great dob! For the lightbulb, I have no idea, I bought it at a pet store that is near me, said it had both UVB and UVA.
animal_lover
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sep 16, 2007
Location: IDAHO

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:22 am   

Sounds like a nice home for your turt! :)
Kristin's Pond! Starring:

RES = "Sheba", 21+ yrs. old
African Clawed Frog = "Prog", 10 yrs old
& "Kristin" as Momma
User avatar
industrial_girl_2000
Senior Member
 
Posts: 3232
Joined: May 11, 2006
Location: Farmington Hills, MI

Post Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 12:25 pm   

animal_lover, this is only one bulb you're using? Unless it's a combination mercury vapor light (do you remember how much you paid for it?), which gives off UVB, UVA and heat, you perhaps need an additional bulb.

If it's flourescent and gives off UVB and UVA, it won't give off enough heat and you should add another bulb (can be a lightbulb) to maintain the basking area temp at 88-90F.

If you do have a MVB, that's great. :D
"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed." -Antoine de Saint Exupery-
marisa
Retired Mod
 
Posts: 12993
Joined: Apr 21, 2005
Location: CT, USA


Return to Habitat - Indoor

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 152 guests