Page 1 of 1
python no spill and clean

Posted:
Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:39 pm
by retard
do they make a 20 foot one? i could have sworn that they had one at big als. anyone know if big al has it? iam making a order and would like to get it all from one spot.

Posted:
Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:50 pm
by grey goose
I know Python makes a 25 foot kit, but I dont see it on big al's......They have the 50', 75', and 100'.
Anyhow, Petsmart's got one for $23.39.
Lookie here:
http://www.petsmart.com/global/product_ ... 30062&Ne=2

Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:59 am
by missibsu
There are 10 foot and 20 foot extensions to add to the kits as well. That may be where you saw the 20 at. As for petsmart, make sure if you go that route you print off the webpage listing, I saved half on my recent purchase. I couldn't believe the instore prices.

Posted:
Mon Dec 04, 2006 12:53 pm
by Muirner
missibu - you should have heard the manager when i was pricematching the XP3, that was great. And sense then i've price matched everything but my heater and UVB bulb there (i cant find the flippin receipt)

Posted:
Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:57 pm
by 360alex
What are you talking about "price matched?" Do you mean if you give them the cheaper price of the same item from another place, they'll match it? This would help since I go to petsmart a lot.

Posted:
Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:32 pm
by cam722
360alex wrote:What are you talking about "price matched?" Do you mean if you give them the cheaper price of the same item from another place, they'll match it? This would help since I go to petsmart a lot.
It means exactly that Alex.. you may want to call your petsmart first to make sure they do it. I've heard that some don't..


Posted:
Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:46 pm
by cusm
Do they price match their own site? I think the heater I bought was almost twice in store than their own site - but I needed it so I went ahead and got it then.

Posted:
Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:15 am
by missibsu
They price match their own site, just print off the page that has the price. Like most stores, they also price match their competition. Makes for some great deals. Just an FYI, they won't price match online prices from other sources, at least at my petsmart.

Posted:
Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:22 pm
by marisa
Well, that makes me feel better when I kept saying Petsmart wouldn't price match for me. The Petsmart nearest me used to match any on-line price, but a change in managers stopped that policy cold. They do match their on-line site and will match someone like Petco's prices (but Petco is usually higher).

Posted:
Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:53 pm
by cusm
I went today and the one by my house said they only price match their own ads/site (we have no Petcos here). But that was okay I got $26 back for my filter and heater. The heater was $18 online and $32 in store!! With the money back I made my own Python filter for about $10 - I already had a shutoff valve, 50' hose and female adapter. I just found a 50' flat hose with it's own storage reel for $20 that will be the next upgrade to this "kit".

Posted:
Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:15 pm
by marisa
That's really clever of you making a python. I've heard of some people doing the same. I've got a 75-foot python that I'm going to cut down and make two of them once I get the parts for it.

Posted:
Wed Dec 27, 2006 9:30 pm
by cusm
marisa wrote:That's really clever of you making a python. I've heard of some people doing the same. I've got a 75-foot python that I'm going to cut down and make two of them once I get the parts for it.
I found a link here, but it is really easy. Here is the link for the instructions I used. I am using a siphon the same size as the Python 25' kit, and I can upgrade to a larger siphon when I get a bigger tank. You could save some money and go to Lowe's or Home Depot for the parts for your second filter. I have a 50' already (I actually have about 5 hoses in the garage) but I plan on upgrading to this
one soon, it is only $20 at HD or Lowe's, and will store easily with the rest of the filter.

Posted:
Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:53 pm
by marisa
I'm going to assume you mean second Python.

Yes, I know of people who've gone to Home Depot for parts.