Page 1 of 1

WORMS !!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:07 pm
by pwave
Hello i have worms in my aquarium does anyone know what kind they are and how to get rid of them ?
are they dangerous for the turtle of fish ? http://youtu.be/oBlhhIHsaok
thanks .

Re: WORMS !!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:06 pm
by Kansasslider
I think I found your problem and solution.
Here.....http://www.aquariumfish.net/information ... ble_p2.htm

Re: WORMS !!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:16 pm
by ljapa
Those aren't planaria, but are probably some form of nematode instead.

I had the same. Over feeding is a possible reason, but they may also be eating the turtle waste.

I had the same for months, and there was no harm at all to our RES. They only disappeared once the black neon tetras with Tobii realized they were food. There's definitely more in the substrate than fee swimming. The fish used to follow Tobii around anytime she was near the bottom because her back feet would kick some up, which the fish would promptly eat.

I have no idea of the effect of salt on a turtle. I'd be very leery of medication which could affect your turtle and/or your beneficial bacteria.