shedding and dry looking shell
Hi guys
I've noticed in the time that percy
and juliet
came to live with us that one of them seemed to be loosing flakes of shell.
Juliet's shell looked dull almost like it had limescale so I gave her a gentle clean with a soft toothbrush and some loose flakes came off and tbh she was a bit grubby. I think that having the gravel in the tank previously had held so much dirt that their water must have been quite grubby.
Hopefully this will be a new and healthier start for both of them. This weekend we intend to get a better heat lamp, better basking area sorted and larger filter
I've noticed in the time that percy
Juliet's shell looked dull almost like it had limescale so I gave her a gentle clean with a soft toothbrush and some loose flakes came off and tbh she was a bit grubby. I think that having the gravel in the tank previously had held so much dirt that their water must have been quite grubby.
Hopefully this will be a new and healthier start for both of them. This weekend we intend to get a better heat lamp, better basking area sorted and larger filter