Page 1 of 1

I think Michelangelo is shedding

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:55 pm
by daredevilgirl013
I took him out today and his shell looked odd, at least his underside looked really odd. It was a lot lighter, and so was his scutes on top. He's grown almost another quarter inch so I'm wondering if this means he's going to shed.

I'll try and get some pictures tonight after I get back from college (on a break right now) to see if that's what it is.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:37 pm
by steve
Sounds like it's lifting. Do they look 'golden' and it is getting lighter in the edges first?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:08 pm
by daredevilgirl013
I'll upload some pics here in a bit, but what I am noticing on his underside is his dividing lines are kinda goldish yellowish. That's about the best I can describe it, it just looks like blonde hair color really.

His top is getting dark dark lines, but on the very tipy top scutes they are turning a wee bit gray. I'll get pics up when I can, don't know how good they will be.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:27 pm
by daredevilgirl013
Here are some pictures he is so hard to get pictures of, it's annoying!

Image

Image

Those were the best that I could do, he's so little it's hard to get good pictures.

There might be some better pictures here of him too

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/daredevil ... /my_photos