General Care Discussion :: Shell and skin

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:11 am   Re: Shell and skin

Then where do you think the redness is coming from? And I know I don't pick at the scutes.
Tecam.
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:24 am   Re: Shell and skin

when I took her outside to bask today, on the bottom of her shell was redness but then I saw that the redness is like either on top of her scutes or right under them I wasn't to sure.
Tecam.
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:21 pm   Re: Shell and skin

When she is outside, what kind of surface? How hot/warm is it?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:39 pm   Re: Shell and skin

probably about 80-90 im not really sure and i put her on grass.
Tecam.
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:16 pm   Re: Shell and skin

Is that bad? She likes to go under the trees for shade and even though its hot outside it gets pretty windy.
Tecam.
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:09 am   Re: Shell and skin

Sounds alright.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:14 pm   Re: Shell and skin

Image
Tecam.
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:14 pm   Re: Shell and skin

Are my turtles getting fat?
Tecam.
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:39 pm   Re: Shell and skin

Looks ok from the picture.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:23 pm   Re: Shell and skin

Image why is their like a spine looking bone on her shell?
Tecam.
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:08 am   Re: Shell and skin

Spine ridge is normal. Has this turtle shed recently? Any close up pics of the corners of the scutes?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:55 am   Re: Shell and skin

She has been shedding skin a lot so we have to change the Ann almost everyday because we don't have a filter just yet. And she's shedded a couple of scutes I'm gonna confess that I did pull off one acute but I stopped it was bothering me but I know I'm not supposed to so I don't do it anymore. Do you want me to send you pictures?
Tecam.
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 pm   Re: Shell and skin

If you can get close-ups of these areas... (unless they look fine to you)
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (33.23 KiB) Viewed 10044 times
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:28 am   Re: Shell and skin

Image in the water it looks fine but out of the water it looks like that I don't know why?
Tecam.
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Jul 17, 2015
Gender: Female

Post Posted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:54 am   Re: Shell and skin

Those areas might collect some debris and get a little infected/soft. I would do a very gently scrub in that area to clean it out.
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 171 guests