General Care Discussion :: Dominance or Hate?

Taking care of your turtle's overall health.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:23 pm   Dominance or Hate?

I hate three turtles now...and I recently notice how my res often bites my black reeves turtle and doesn't bite my light colour emydura schultzei.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rDnU2mzKXY[/youtube]

Can anyone help me, I am very curious why she does that.

I don't know whether the video show up or not (it doesn't show up in mine), here's the link http://youtu.be/5rDnU2mzKXY?list=UUNfKp ... Sb04uKnLCA
My Baby Turtles:
Kame : My spoiled one (R.I.P)
Kroten : My beautiful RES
Papoe : My Emydura Schultzei (Pink Belly Short Necked Turtle)
Kurome : My Chinemys Revesii (Chinese Three Keeled Pond Turtle)
Underneath The Shell
Youtube
User avatar
novroz
 
Posts: 1092
Joined: Jul 2, 2008
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Post Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:54 am   Re: Dominance or Hate?

I'm guessing they can hold a grudge. Are they all tank mates?
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 am   Re: Dominance or Hate?

No. Kroten is in her own tank, Kurome and Papoe share tank together
My Baby Turtles:
Kame : My spoiled one (R.I.P)
Kroten : My beautiful RES
Papoe : My Emydura Schultzei (Pink Belly Short Necked Turtle)
Kurome : My Chinemys Revesii (Chinese Three Keeled Pond Turtle)
Underneath The Shell
Youtube
User avatar
novroz
 
Posts: 1092
Joined: Jul 2, 2008
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:26 am   Re: Dominance or Hate?

That's pretty weird. Hard to figure out what our turtles are thinking sometimes :(
User avatar
steve
Site Admin
 
Posts: 31583
Joined: Apr 11, 2005
Location: New York, NY
Gender: Male

Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:53 pm   Re: Dominance or Hate?

That is strange! I don't think turtles feel hate, it's probably something about the darker color that triggers his territorial instincts.
User avatar
devilduck
 
Posts: 957
Joined: May 11, 2012
Location: Chicago, IL.
Gender: Male


Return to General Care Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 185 guests